UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Data Science, Engineering, and Big Data are helping reinvent the healthcare system, helping people live heathier lives and making the healthcare system work better for everyone.
**** $8.000 sign on bonus ***
The Business Analytics Sciences Insights & Strategies (BASIS) organization of UnitedHealthcare delivers analytic services and solutions which support all aspects of UHC Medicaid and Medicare operations from finance, identification of fraud/waste/abuse, improved member/provider experience, clinical intelligence, and more! You will be responsible for providing innovative technical ideas to solve complex healthcare business problems. You will work with Business and Technical leaders, Project Managers, and architects across multiple lines of businesses to drive and implement solutions using a variety of tools and technologies.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work with healthcare business stakeholders to identify key business problems, then diagnose, analyze and synthesize advanced data engineering solutions
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis for projects and product delivery
- Architect/design data warehouse infrastructure solutions to support enterprise-wide data science needs
- Work with the business teams to operationalize analytics solutions for problems in areas of Provider Operations, Claims Operations, Finance, and Quality
- Manage, guide, train, and assist team members with technical issues and designs
- Create complex data extracts from large Data Warehouse and Big Data environments
- Develop, enhance and integrate Data Warehouse, Big Data, and Business Intelligence solutions
- Demonstrate excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify root causes and recommend solution
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of Data warehouse development and design
- 5+ years Data Analysis
- Advanced experience with Oracle PL/SQL development
- Advanced experience with Unix Shell Scripting
- Experience with mid-high volume ETL processing
- Experience with formal System Development Lifecycle and Data Quality processes
- Experience and ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Proven leadership experience in building and managing a technology portfolio
- Healthcare domain experience
- Experience with ETL tools such as Talend or DataStage
- Experience with Hadoop stack (MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Flume)
- Experience with statistical software (SAS, Python, etc.)
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Engineer, Sr. Data Engineer, Senior Data Engineer, data warehouse. data warehouse development, data design; PL; SQL; Unix Shell Scripting; ETL; Informatica; Talend; Healthcare Data; system development Lifecycle; SDLC; data quality, Telecommuter, WFH