We are a growing technology company seeking a qualified Senior Data Engineer. Founded in 2012, our AI platform uses thousands of data points to connect automotive dealers and buyers with personalized campaigns and empowers business operators to make quantitatively sound business decisions. Our work with our dealer partners covers fifteen brands across all segments, and we work with some of the largest and most respected dealerships and dealer groups in North America.
Carfeine is a Remote First Company. “Remote” employees can work at home, on the road, or in a satellite location for all or part of their workweek. Employees must have residence in the US, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
About The Team
We have attracted a talented team of employees who are customer-focused and committed to our core values. We design and deliver event-driven, cloud-native application functionality executing on a vision of an industry where intelligent assistance leads to newfound operational efficiency and performance. If you are interested in becoming an integral member of the Carfeine team, we would love to hear from you!
Carfeine is seeking a savvy Senior Data Engineer to join our team and help craft the future of our platform. Our data platform serves as Analytics and Reporting functions within retail automotive. As a Senior Data Engineer on our team, you will be responsible for building data collection, transformation, and processing pipeline automation, and delivering the BI and insight critical to the success of our functions.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you should be an expert with data warehousing components and integrations. You will have a deep understanding of the architecture for enterprise level data warehouse solutions using multiple platforms. You should have expertise in design, creation, management of large datasets, as well as excellent business and communication skills.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- The right candidate has experience in building and maintaining data warehouses and BI systems for enterprise functions and shared services and is excited at the prospect of building and optimizing our data systems from the ground up.
- Design, implement, and support a platform providing secured access to large datasets.
- Interface with customers from Marketing, Finance, Management, and other shared service functions understanding their requirements and delivering data solutions they need.
- Understand the data sources, develop an ETL strategy with these sources, perform data modeling to meet customers’ data needs.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for datasets.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, data security, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Monitor, manage and administer the Data Warehouse and ensure optimal performance at scale.
- Design, implement and manage the access to the datasets based on the Carfeine’s data access policies.
Education, Knowledge, and Training
- BS in CS or similar and 8+ years professional experience, or MS with 5+ years of Professional experience.
- Strong Experience in data engineering, dimensional data modeling, ETL development, and Data Warehousing
- Hands-on experience building and supporting Enterprise level Data warehouses by sourcing data from SaaS applications like Workday, Anaplan, Zuora or other ERPs.
- Strong experience with data modeling, SQL, writing, debugging and performance tuning.
- Experience with any BI reporting tools like Tableau, Domo.
- System monitoring and alerting, dashboarding experience
- Experience with Snowflake, Big Data tools, Python, Apache airflow.
- Experience building data management tools on AWS.
- Experience with middleware tools such as Boomi, Workato or Mulesoft.
- You know how to work with high volume of rapidly changing data
In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location.
Who We Are
Carfeine builds cognitive assistance technology for automotive dealerships to optimize and personalize their marketing and retail operations. We are a data-driven company using data science and machine learning to build easy-to-use tools for our customers. We are a remote-first company, but you must be within three time-zones of our Maryland offices.
CARA: Our Core Values
Collaboration – We are committed to open communication and sharing ideas because we can achieve more when we work together.
Accountability – We choose to always do what we say we’re going to do with integrity. If we see a problem, we take ownership to solve it.
Respect- We treat our colleagues, partners, and customers, the way we want to be treated – with authenticity, respect, and empathy.
Aspiration – We will encourage and support each other to achieve our dreams and strive to get better every day.
The goal of the Carfeine rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax-advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision, and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Employee Equity Incentive Plan;
- Recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values
Powered by JazzHR