Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in EST or CST timezone, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partner with stakeholders to understand data requirements and develop tools and models such as segmentation, dashboards, decision aids and business case analyses to support the organization strategic goals and projects
- Collaborate with business and technical stakeholders (e.g., business owners, process owners, domain experts) to identify specific business and program requirements
- Consult stakeholders to identify areas for the development of technical solutions to automate and/or improve business processes
- Produce and manage the delivery of activity and value analytics to key stakeholders, leaders, and care delivery partners
- Use business intelligence, query, and analytic software to build solutions, perform analysis, and interpret data
- Design and develop reports and insights to measure KPIs, clinical outcomes, network/program performance, and gap analyses
- Support short- and long-term affordability/strategic business activities by developing, enhancing, and maintaining operational metrics and models
- Responsible for periodic affordability trend forecasts, explanation of medical cost results and variances, evaluation of emerging medical cost issues, and development and evaluation of healthcare affordability initiatives
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Economics, or a related degree
- 2+ years of SQL programming experience, focusing on cost drivers, and trends
- 2+ years of experience with large data analytics, data management, extraction from data warehouses or data lake
- 2+ years of data analysis experience in a managed care/health plan setting
- Experience gathering data requirements
- Knowledge of eligibility, claims, premiums, or capitation
- Advanced Excel skills including pivots, formulas, calculations, charts, graphs, macros, etc.
- Advanced analytical and technical skills and experience using business intelligence tools
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Math, Biostatistics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics, or a related degree
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Healthcare Operations: ie, Practice Management, Clinic Operations, and related systems
- Demonstrated autonomy on clinical affordability projects and tasks
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.