Senior Data Analyst-Risk & Policy-Government experience required-Inside IR35
This role is to assist the BI & Analysis Solutions Team Lead in the development and provision service in delivering the organisation's analytical capability. The role is unique in that it requires a blend of both pensions/finance/economics subject matter expertise, coupled with strong analytical and data analysis skills, including the use of statistical/programmatical and business intelligence software packages. In particular the purpose of the role is to lead or co-lead.
- Post Graduate qualification or a 1st Class Hons. Bachelors degree in a STEM subject, or equivalent professional experience.
- Expert/practitioner proficiency in statistical and analytical software, including one of R, SQL, and SAS, and working knowledge of Microsoft Power BI (or similar data visualisation tools).
- Expert/practitioner knowledge of bivariate / multivariate statistical modelling, time series analysis, and forecasting.
- Expert experience of evaluating data sources for suitability, reliability & accuracy.
- Practitioner proficiency in key SME domains: pension landscape / scheme funding / automatic enrolment / scheme governance / pension market.
- Practitioner level communication of complex analytics in a clear and accurate manner; translating this into business needs and explaining its relevance.
- Practitioner level ability to co-ordinate work involving multiple stakeholders & specialisms.
- Practitioner level knowledge and prior application of the UK Code for Official Statistics, and implementation of robust standards and quality assurance procedures in analytics.
- 3+ years' experience of working in an analytical function, ideally supporting risk or policy functions.
- Practitioner experience of formulating hypotheses and devising and delivering statistical experiments in order to test them in a commercial context.
- Practitioner level knowledge of Git, AzureDevOps, and AGILE or Dev/DataOps workflow methodologies.
- Design and deliver analysis of complex data sets to inform regulatory strategy, activity and policy, making recommendations on prioritisations and/or risk mitigations.