Senior Data Analyst
Based at BCA Birmingham
Up to £45,000 per annum + car allowance + benefits
40 hours per week Monday – Friday
Automotive is an increasingly data-driven industry; our multiple touch points across the life of a vehicle supported by considerable investment in data quality, data warehousing and analysis, give BCA and our customers a genuine advantage in everything from smart transport solutions to transactional margins.
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our Analysis and Insights team, within our Logistics division. BCA is currently going through a period of significant change, putting in place a new data and reporting strategy, while ensuring continued excellent service to our customers. This is a great opportunity to be part of this fantastic journey with us. The role will enable you to be part of a nation-wide community of analysts, each within a specialised arm of the company, but all communicating and sharing knowledge and expertise across the business.
You will develop, maintain, and enhance data analysis and reporting, as well as presenting relevant insights to company stakeholders. You'll work closely with the rest of the Decision Intelligence team to ensure that the work delivered is fit for purpose and will satisfy the customer’s requirements. Ideally, you'll be from an operations research background, have great Excel and SQL skills and some exposure to to BI / data visualisation tools, such as QlikView, PowerBI, Business Objects.
- Attending relevant operations meetings to present relevant insights and complete relevant data follow up actions.
- Working with the operations team to identify process efficiencies and provide analysis to support recommendations.
- Producing analysis of process changes and scenario modelling to understand potential implications.
- To provide senior stakeholders with analysis and insights to drive business decisions.
- To communicate the findings of the above analysis in a user friendly, intuitive format to Business Managers and other key stakeholders.
- To develop, publish, and maintain internal management dashboards and reports.
- To be an active part of the development and maintenance of the new BCA data analysis and reporting environment.
- Ensure that all reporting, analysis, and dashboards are optimised and as efficient as possible throughout the entirety of the data flow.
- To support and assist with the business-wide data transformation process.