Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Senior Compliance Data Analyst will review and analyze data associated with revenue cycle related billing compliance concerns, as well as support Compliance Directors and the Vice President, Compliance and other Compliance team members with data analysis and other reporting.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design and develop compliance dashboards and models that provide insight on revenue cycle operations
- Write and run database queries to manage large data sets and compose performance reports to support business activities for internal and external stakeholders
- Conduct detailed analysis of billing and claims information to identify root cause of potential concerns
- Summarize findings for review by Compliance and operational leaders
- Analyze and validate large, complex data files prior to submission to internal or external reviewers
- Validate accuracy of rebilled claims and track timeliness
- Validate accuracy of claims relating to 340B drugs, one-day stay self-denials, three-day payment window, medical device credits, etc.
- Compile and organize supporting documentation/evidence for audits and/or to support rebilling activities
- Maintain detailed tracking and reporting of compliance concerns, initiatives, and activities
- Works effectively and collaboratively with colleagues, employees, internal clients, business partners and key customers, vendors, and management within Optum Insight Provider, responding promptly and efficiently to emails, and telephone calls
- Researches and maintains awareness of new laws, rules, and regulations applicable to and impacting Optum Insight Provider operations
- Performs other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 10+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare revenue cycle, audit, or compliance
- Knowledge and understanding of healthcare industry regulations and guidelines
- High level of expertise in Excel
- Expertise in large dataset analysis and visualization
- Strong written & verbal communication with various levels throughout the business up to C-suite
- Up to 10% travel may be required for conferences
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Preference for professional certification in one or more of the following areas:
- Certified Healthcare Internal Auditor Professional (CHIAP)
- Certification in Healthcare Compliance (CHC)
- Certified Healthcare Financial Professional (CHFP)
- or similar
- Experience with Tableau and PowerBI
- Experience in healthcare consulting
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.