UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in North Carolina, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Generating daily weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports required by the Contract and all ad hoc report requests made by UHCCP NC Clinical Quality Department
- Design and create data visualizations (reports and dashboards) which support user stories
- Define, execute, analyze, and interpret complex/nested SQL queries
- Collaboration and nurture solid relationships with UHC National supports teams to ensure all data for reporting is available and meets the requirements set forth in the contract
- Being an expert in the data that is in the data warehouse and in the various reporting tools
- Gathering and documenting clinical data, operational data and report requirements
- Analyzing and interpreting data to identify trends, patterns and opportunities
- Communicating analysis and interpretation to appropriate audience
- Evaluate and provide feedback to improve performance of clinical staff with DataMining techniques
- Manage multiple provider office reports simultaneously and collaborate with supervisor and clinical quality improvement staff to ensure clarity of understanding the data presented in the report
- Producing, publishing and distributing scheduled and ad hoc reports
- Track, report, and monitor report submissions State using State defined processes
- Assists in the development of project cost and benefit estimates to establish project worth including the development of alternative considerations
- Develops or assists in the development of work plans, time schedules, and project task items and schedules
- Providing explanations and interpretations within area of expertise
- Working with less structured, more complex issues
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Analytics or Informatics, Business, Health Administration, Public Health or related field
- 2+ years advanced proficiency with PC based software programs and automated database management systems (MS Project, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio)
- 2+ years of experience integrating data from large relational databases
- 6+ months of performing data analysis and report development
- Working knowledge of BI and reporting tools such as Tableau, SAS, Qlik etc.
- Managed Care Healthcare industry experience
- HEDIS data collection/reporting/analysis
- Travel required to State Sponsored Meetings, Departmental training, & Corporate office locations in NC (10%)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 2+ years of experience with documenting processes and practices, often in accepted project methodology artifacts, while effectively prioritizing multiple tasks, priorities, projects, and deadlines
- Medicaid Fee for Service or Medicaid Managed Care experience
- Analytical skills such as data interpretation, trending, statistical analysis
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.