VC backed tech startup is hiring for a remote Senior Backend Engineer!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Sydney Weaver
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $120,000 – $210,000 per year
A bit about us:
Startup is hiring for a remote Backend Software Engineer to help build out their core product. They are building the distributed application platform that allows you to go quickly from Sketch to Scale. As the creators and driving force behind the wasmCloud CNCF project, they believe in the future of WebAssembly and distributed computing. They want to bring joy back to the lives of developers by simplifying the experience of building, operating, and maintaining distributed applications.
They are looking for a talented backend engineer to help us build the systems underpinning us. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with learning fast and making data-driven decisions when implementing and designing our backend services. Responsibilities include:
- Architect, build, and deploy backend components for the Cosmonic platform
- Assist in maintaining the public Cosmonic API
- Implement and design user-requested feature requests for the Cosmonic platform
Why join us?
- You’ll be surrounded by some of the most supportive, talented, smart, and kind leaders and teams people you can be proud to work with!
- We encourage a healthy work / life balance and a diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce is healthy, rested, and reflects the kind of welcoming diversity we want to see in the world.
- We offer comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, learning and development opportunities, career development training, and more.
Any candidate should be collaborative, good at problem solving, and have excellent organizational skills. In addition to those basic soft skills, we are looking for someone who has a background in the skills listed below. Only feel like you have experience with some of these things? Apply anyway! Prior experience in this space is not a hard requirement.
Desired technical skills include:
- Familiarity with Rust or Elixir
- Experience with GraphQL
- Familiarity with WebAssembly and wasmCloud
- Knowledge of how to build reliable distributed systems
- 5+ years of professional software development
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similiar
- 3+ years of Rust and/or Golang
- 4+ years of developing, monitoring and operating large scale distributed systems
- Extensive background working with WebServices
- You should be self-sufficient and a technical expert. This position requires informed decision-making and the ability to inform feature requirements based on your knowledge and research
Required Soft Skills:
- Ability to adapt with changing technology in a startup environment
- 3+ years of experience building software for production environments and recognizes the challenges, complexities, and tradeoffs to be made when building and deploying production-quality code
- Able to collaborate with the team to build, review, and design high quality code, while also demonstrating a high degree of ownership and autonomy
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral; comfortable presenting findings and recommendations to your teammates
- Proficient with git and git workflows
- Has a high desire to contribute to team and company success
Bonus Points If You Have…
- Experience building and orchestrating streaming systems using Flink, Kafka, Beam, Kinesis
- Experience building distributed systems, data infrastructure, back-end systems
- Expertise in container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.