As a Backend Engineer, you will be working on one or more of our new product initiatives. You will be responsible for building and maintaining scalable services that power our products and data platform. We are heavy on data. A lot of stuff will involve data manipulation and transmission on a big scale.
The ideal candidate will have a strong and proven track record of working on scalable web applications. You have a strong bias towards elegant and simple solutions that drive direct value to the users, are excited by "zero to one" projects, and can efficiently communicate findings to leadership. You will always look for a balance between fast delivery and building for scale.
Essential Job Functions What Youll Do:
- Build services and products that consistently scale
- Design and build APIs and API strategies, both internal and external
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and testing of new features
- Identify the critical details and prioritize incremental delivery
- Share and implement ideas to help our teams move fast
Essential Qualifications What Youll Need:
- 5+ years of experience in building and maintaining high-quality, scalable, service-oriented web applications.
- Proficiency with Golang, and one or more modern programming languages (Java, Python…etc.).
- Proficiency with data modelling, SQL databases (MySQL, Postgres…), and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, AWS DynamoDb…)
- Experience with building and maintaining REST APIs and public-facing APIs
- Experience with containerization (Docker)
- Experience working on AWS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to convey ideas to a broad audience of different backgrounds
- Strong sense of ownership and focus on long-term usability and extensibility
- Emphasis on exploring, experimenting, and innovating on current patterns and designs
- A collaborative attitude, team-player, friendly, w/ passion and flexibility to learn new tools and skillsets
- Experience with Kubernetes preferred
- Experience working on enterprise SaaS applications with millions of users preferred
- Experience mentoring junior engineers preferred
- Familiarity with other components of Demand Science tech stack (Golang, React, Typescript, Redux, PostgresSQL, AWS)
THE GOOD STUFF!
We embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage our amazing team members at DemandScience to bring their authentic, fun selves to work every day. We offer a culture of innovation, mutual respect, support, and transparency. The competitive and comprehensive benefits our team members enjoy are designed to ensure you and your family members are healthy. Check this out!
- Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Workplace Flexibility
- Paid time off & Sick Time
- Peer-Appreciation Program
- Employee Referral Program
.and much, much more to come in 2022.
DemandScience is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.