We're hiring a Scala Software Engineer for the Connections team in GWI. The team is responsible for providing a Data Platform that ingests, stores, processes and exports data for every respondent in GWI’s surveys.
We works flexible hours and are fully remote, not COVID remote 🙂 We value team players that can also work autonomously and act as subject matter experts about parts of our system.
- Working within a multinational team of engineers and product managers using Scala.
- Collaborate with other teams to integrate projects into a cohesive overall system.
- Ideate, brainstorm and implement new application features and services.
- Participating in tech sessions, planning meetings and retrospectives. We use Scrum but are not dogmatic about it.
- Engaging on the Dev/Ops operations and on the QA of the product.
We’re looking for a passionate Scala engineer who would help us tackle some of our most important challenges! The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- Commercial knowledge of Scala.
- Comfortable in both OO & FP but not dogmatic for either.
- familiar with Akka & ecosystem (Typed, Streams, gRPC, HTTP)
- Experience with relational databases (eg. PostgreSQL)
- Team player that can also work independently.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Nice to have:
- Experience with K8s, Helm and Terraform.
- Experience with GCP services, eg. BigQuery, PubSub
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases like Cassandra / Scylla, Druid, ElasticSearch etc.
- Understanding of distributed system concepts and trade-offs.
- Knowledge of Scala.js and/or Typescript