PRINCIPAL HEALTH ECONOMICS MODELER – MODELING & SIMULATION
We are looking to fill this role in US, Canada, UK, or EU and are flexible to fully remote work
This is a great time to join this rapidly expanding team! Our senior team leads have the flexibility to be focused on solely leading projects or also having a line manager role.
Currently hiring at the senior level:
- Project Leads working at a senior level with our multidisciplinary global project teams and
- Line Managers interested in people management responsibilities
Our multidisciplinary Modeling and Simulation experts design and implement health economic models that describe complex medical processes to understand and evaluate the implications of clinical trials; demonstrate the value of interventions beyond efficacy, and assess benefits, risks, and the economic consequences associated with healthcare interventions. The typical projects include health economic modeling to conduct cost-effectiveness analyses of healthcare interventions and implementing decision-analytic models (e.g., decision trees, Markov, individual state transition, survival partition), research and data analytics.
- Conceptualization, design, and implementation of health economic models to conduct cost-effectiveness and budget impact analyses of healthcare interventions
- Independent project lead/principal investigator of projects responsible for overseeing all aspects of project delivery
- Assumes significant responsibility for sales targets and building client relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Scientifically responsible person for design and implementation of health economic models, related studies, and programs of work
- Leads interactions with clients, develops and maintains client relationships
- Brings in proposal leads, manages proposal writing process and closes sales
- Reviews and finalizes project deliverables, ensures study findings are valid and reliable
- As project lead/principal investigator has project budget, deliverable, and timeline responsibility; identifies scope expansion and need for amendments
- Serves as advisor or mentor to other principal investigators or team members
- Directs other “non-billable” activities (e.g., design conceptual approaches for proposals, identify and pursue business opportunities within Evidera and bring in new projects)
Education, Professional Skills & Experience:
- PhD, Master's or Bachelor's degree with at least 7 to 10 years of relevant work experience. For example, Operations Research, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Biostatistics or related field or a similar program
- Required: Advanced Microsoft Excel modelling skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Broad experience in health economics and development of models suitable for submission to Health Technology Assessment groups or to support other reimbursement decisions
- Proven record in business development, as well as discussion of new opportunities with existing clients
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, project teams and senior managers
- Experience of leading cross-functional project teams working in a matrixed environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to lead global project teams to deliver projects across many therapeutic areas in a fast-paced environment
- Competent in written and spoken English
- Line manager : Experience in a line manager position, hiring, on-boarding, coaching, supporting staff development and project staffing plans
Personal Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent organization and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills including presentations
Evidera is a business within in Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) a leading global contract research organization (CRO), and a is a preeminent provider of evidence-based solutions. We provide integrated scientific expertise and global operational capabilities to help clients generate the evidence needed to optimize the market access and commercial potential of products.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, with clear opportunities for growth and career progression. You will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects with some of the industry's leading researchers. Our offices boast a fun and collaborative working environment, frequent social events, and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance, for all our staff.
Evidera's Core Competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving/Judgment
If you resonate with our core competencies and want to contribute to research and consulting services driven by world-class science and thought leadership, then please submit your application – we'd love to hear from you.
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)