Our progressive client is looking for a Software Developer to join their small team! You will immediately have significant ownership over product direction and engineering architecture, while working closely with the Director of Engineering on product strategy and execution.
Our client utilizes their platform to connect progressive organizations and their supporters. They have helped thousands of nonprofits, unions, and political campaigns. Some organizations include Black Lives Matter, LGBTQIA+, Democratic campaigns, Climate Change, and Gun Violence.
- Develop software and architecture for products that help political campaigns, nonprofits, and other progressive organizations
- Prepare the platform to go from hundreds of users to hundreds of thousands of users in a short time frame
- Build out their internal platform and APIs
- Design and build products while working closely with product managers and designers
Technology Stack Includes: Python, Django, React, PostgreSQL, AWS (Aurora, ECS, IAM), Algolia, Celery, Github, Docker, CircleCI, Twilio, Datadog, Cloudflare, etc. (not all are required)
- Have a passion for empowering ordinary people for progressive causes
- 4+ years of professional work experience
- 4+ years of experience with Python/Django
- DevOps experience
- Strong technical skills and ability to write high quality code in a reasonable time frame
- Strong in programming fundamentals and excited to learn new technologies!
- Generous PTO policy
- Up to 15 paid company holidays (including commemorating social justice events and self-care)
- Paid volunteer time
- Resources for savings and investments
- Paid parental leave
- Health, vision, dental
- Life insurance
- Wellness programs
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.