Planet Forward have been engaged by an established Aerospace / Defence company are looking for an experienced Software Engineer (C#/Angular 2) to join them on a 6 month initial contract with possible extension. (Remote working available)
The position has become available to help drive forward new and existing software products within an agile working environment. Successful candidates will be working on an aircraft tracking product and a traffic management software product. Successful candidates will have the flexibility to move onto other commercial and/or defence projects should there be a need.
Successful candidates should have experience of the full software lifecycle including requirements/user story creation and analysis, software design, architectural consideration, integration, testing and documentation. Successful candidates will be involved in building a product within a new and exciting industry whilst working closely with international counterparts to achieve the project vision. The ideal candidate will be proactive, self-organising and able to communicate and work well within a team whilst always looking to improve, grow and support others. A strong focus in understanding and delivering customer and business value whilst also giving consideration to architectural roadmaps is key for any successful candidate.
Key Skills Required:
- Angular 2 programming knowledge and experience
- Experience of working with Docker
- C# programming knowledge and experience
- Experience of working with Linux systems (Desirable)
- Working within web service environments such as AWS (Desirable)
- Experience of continuous integration development environment (Desirable)
- Experience with Git based code repositories such as GitLab (Desirable)
- Experience with developing applications within containers (Docker) (Desirable)
- Excellent communication skills and a self-organising approach with a proactive and positive attitude towards continuous improvement (Desirable)
- Knowledge and/or experience of working within an agile software development environment e.g. SCRUM, Kanban (Desirable)
- Ability to liaise with internal and external local and international and stakeholders to better understand and consequently write documentation and requirements. (Desirable)
If you would like to find out more, please get in touch for a confidential conversation on 0121 663 1491
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at our website.