SUMMARY: A growing software company is seeking an experienced software engineer with specific experience creating and supporting cloud based products in a SAAS model. The ideal candidate will be located in Chicago, Il. but, the opportunity to be remote exists for a strong candidate.
· Develop web solutions and services: Envisioning, designing, creating, and supporting our solutions that operate with a high degree of operational excellence.
· Design & build DevOps solutions coordinating with the network operations team.
· Partner with a cross-functional team to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software and solutions that wows our internal and external stakeholders.
· Be willing to explore technical needs and bring problems AND solutions to the table.
· Constantly strive to improve our development processes.
· Focus on optimization and performance at scale.
· Lead the way – staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies, and frameworks and then sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way.
· Be an active and integral member of the technical team development efforts.
· Partner with solution, domain, enterprise architects, and service delivery lead to create and execute the strategy and roadmap for product applications.
· Support team members by providing advice, coaching, and code reviews.
· Prior use of AWS technologies at scale in a production environment
· Experience with Serverless, Microservices, and cross-platform development
· Experience with Kubernetes in a production environment
· Design, develop and maintain new services and application programming interfaces (APIs)
· Utilize test-driven development process for a short development cycle
· Knowledge of front-end development (Vue, Node, React)
· Preferred experience with Lamp Stack as opposed to Microsoft
· Excellent organizational and leadership skills
· Experience with fast-paced production projects using Agile process
· Strong problem-solving skills; adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership
· Significant experience with unit testing and test automation
· A high-quality bar and a drive of continuous improvement; just-enough documentation, code reviews, continuous integration & automated deployment, and a preference for agile methods
· Great communication skills – the ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience
· Collaborate in the full product cycle
· Push themselves to continually grow and learn