At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These arent easy goals to accomplish but were not here for easy. Were here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and were looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. Were changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, weve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Were seeking an experienced Sales Engineer to join our US-based team. This role will serve as a consultant for both pre-sales/post-sales and technical services, responsible for providing subject-matter expertise on cloud security solutions and deployments. The position will require driving technical relationships with all stakeholders while supporting sales opportunities. The candidate will work closely with the sales team throughout the sales process to ensure that all of the clients technical needs are understood and met with the best possible solutions
- Provide pre-sale assistance for sales opportunities and partners, including integration, troubleshooting , and training on Prisma Clouds products within cloud computing environments AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Lead engagements with DevOps, SecOps, or DevSecOps teams with customers
- Work closely with prospects in the design and implementation/integration of Prisma Cloud products and lead Proof-of-Concept (POC) projects for prospective customers and partners
- Respond effectively to RFIs/RFPs while serving as the main technical point of contact
- Responsible for a solution sales-based quota and successful deployments of Prisma Clouds products
- Act as primary point of escalation on technical issues for the Sales team
- Provide insight on competitive solutions and differentiate between them
- Collaborate with Account Executive and channel sales teams to recommend and develop customer solutions
- Work in a consultative fashion and act as a Subject Matter Expert for the account team, channel partners, and customers
- Minimum 3+ years as a Sales Engineer or Solutions Architect with Cloud Security or Enterprise SaaS security
- Hands on experience with infrastructure as a code, IaC, and Terraform – Hashicorp or CloudFormation or Kubernetes
- Hands on experience with solution sales and deployments within AWS, GCP, Azure, or Kubernetes environments
- Cloud Certification or equivalent experience with AWS, GCP, Azure or Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle and VCS tools such as Github, BitBucket, Gitlab, etc.
- Understanding of general security practices within different organizational structures and regulatory compliance requirements
- Ability to assess customer requirements, identify business problems, and demonstrate proposed solutions
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Degree
As part of our Systems Engineering team, youll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You wont find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isnt committed to your success with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
Were trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecuritys status quo. Its simple: we cant accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum compensation (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. If hired in Colorado, this position starts at $145,200/yr. Depending on the position offered, restricted stock units and incentive or bonus pay may be provided as part of this compensation package. Additional benefits may be found here.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.