Principal Software Engineer Customer Data Protection & Disposal Engineeru00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0u00A0
Fidelity s Workplace Services is seeking to hire a principle software engineer to join their customer data protection & disposal team.u00A0
This individual should be an independent self-starter who will partners as a key member of the data protection squad. This role will leverage a variety of technologies and will need to communicate with various teams within Fidelity.
We are looking for a software engineer who has a strong technology experience, notable communication skills, and the ability to network across functions, agile product domains and other business units/functions. The data protection space requires a broad understanding of both legacy and cloud solutions.
Knowledge of financial services terminology is preferred.u00A0 But, not a requirement. u00A0u00A0u00A0
The Workplace Services vision is to ensure that data is protected and managed throughout its lifecycle so that we protect our customers, improve reliability, and minimize our data footprint.
In our drive to modernize our business solutions we are seeking a software engineer to partner with development teams to identify and automate solutions which will purge data based on its lifecycle and/or other defined scenarios. Therefore, the candidate must have a very strong distributed platform and cloud development background with mainframe engineering a plus.u00A0 We are organized within WI in agile squads that dynamically produce business solutions and thus the candidate must be a strong leader and teammate focused on consistent delivery of quality capabilities.
u00A0The Expertise You Have
- BS/BA Degree
- Minimum of 5-8 years of data engineering experience
- Hands-on experience working with PL-SQL and NoSQL, ETL tools
- Experience/exposure to Java, Python or Scala
- Cloud experience with either Azure and/or AWS
- Agile methodology experience with CI/CD.
- SQL, AWS Certification a plus
- Demonstrated work experience usingu00A0data streaming tools like Kafka and loading data tou00A0low latency caching data stores like Redisu00A0
- Mainframe development skills a plus.u00A0
- Experience with data lineage and customer protection laws are a plus
The Skills You Bring
- Analytical and consulting mindset, asking engaging questions to help tease out requirements details and technical implementation options from technical team members, product owner and customers.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills and comfortable in summarizing technical information.
- A love for working with data and are confident in your SQL skills and ETL development
- A passion for coaching, mentoring and development associates
- Superb attention to detail and expertise in drafting business value-oriented user stories and a willingness to help facilitate Agile ceremonies
- You are passionate for data and how data is an asset that requires protection and active management/controls
- You are described by others as intellectually curious and/or a problem solver
- You are a continuous learner who seeks to transform and innovate
- You have built trusted strong working relationships
- You work well independently but enjoy the power of being part of team
- Your ability to balance team and individual responsibilities has been demonstrated by your success in gaining consensus or your ability to influence others without authority
The Value You Deliver
- Thriving in a dynamic, fast paced, high energy environment
- As a principal software engineer, you will drive platform improvements that are specific to customer protection and data disposal with specific responsibilities for providing technical leadership in data engineering.
- You will be responsible for delivery assignments and participate in a healthy dose of forward-looking experimentation on emerging technologies or advanced concepts in mature technologies.
- You have experience in large volume data implementations, Data Analysis, application platform development for a global customer base.
- As you deliver business solutions to The Cloud you will have a strong focus and assurance on stability and resiliency through the application of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles.
- Executing enterprise data protection strategies in line with the organization s business strategy and objectives:
- Reducing risk associated with the misuse of data through proper disposal and archival processes
- Partnering with platform owners to expand the completeness and richness of the data protection solutions
- Ensuring adherence to data policies, standards, data sharing agreements and data disposal rules
- Delivering solutions which reinforce your commitment to purpose and value proposition we have for data protection
- Collaborating with partners and squad members to ensure ongoing training and education
- If you are a highly motivated and responsive teammate, with a u201CCan dou201D attitude who is able to multi-task and work under minimal supervision, this role is for you.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling u0022Dynamic Working.u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.