We have a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Software Engineer to join our team in Stockport. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
The Principal Software Engineer Role:
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer with 8+ years industry experience to provide technical leadership in a fast paced, innovative, market leading Engineering team.
The successful candidate will lead by example, bring a proven track record of delivery, inspire, direct and enable colleagues to grow and thrive and contribute to delivery of our mission to delight our customers.
**This role will initially start in a fully remote capacity. In Feb 2022 we will be converting to hybrid working where the successful candidate will be required to attend the Stockport office for a minimum of 2 days per fortnight **
CDL is one of the UK’s leading software development houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a consistent track record in the high-volume retail insurance sector. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
We've built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We pride ourselves on being part of a collaborative, inspiring working environment, with our employees at the heart of our company.
What we’re looking for in our Principal Software Engineer:
- A record of technical leadership in delivering large, complex and strategically significant change demonstrably contributing to business success
- A proven track record designing solutions that delight the customer whilst meeting business imperatives related to quality, performance, security, maintainability and whole life cost efficiency
- Experience of working with and designing cloud-based solutions, including best practices at scale using a platform such as AWS. AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate) or AWS Certified Developer (Associate) certification is highly desirable
- An ability to create a habitable code base with a clear and consistent approach to design and modularisation
- A record of success as a coach, mentor and engineering practice leader
- Experience with Log4j2.x, Logback and / or Fluentd/Fluentbit.
- Experience with core Java (8+), MySQL/Postgres as well as IoC containers and frameworks with an appreciation of associated benefits (i.e. dependency inversion, loose coupling and testability)
- Experience of automation through continuous integration pipelines, infrastructure management and configuration.
- Experience using modern code repository systems (e.g. gitlab, github, bitbucket, aws codecommit)
- Experience in the application of DevOps principles to the SDLC
- Demonstrable experience of Agile methodologies and an ability to convert business requirements/data requests into simple, cloud only, technical solutions.
- Knowledge of unit testing tools and techniques, including Test-Driven-development.
Benefits of becoming our Principal Software Engineer:
- Top employer for 5th year running
- Flexible hours
- Flexible working – home working options
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Health and Wellbeing programme
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Virtual activities, lunch and learns, coffee mornings and meetups
- 25 days holiday to start
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects
- Dress down policy
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, regular social events through our social group extra, including a summer BBQ, competitions, bowling, go-karting, football games, Winter party and much more!
- Car wash, barber, yoga classes, boot camp and massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms
Do you enjoy working within a fast-paced challenging environment, with opportunities to grow? If yes, please click ‘apply’ now to be considered for this Principal Software Engineer role!