Are you passionate about cloud computing and its potential to overcome some of the biggest challenges in High Performance Computing (HPC)? Do you have a combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Do you enjoy tackling large analytical problems as massive scale? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an HPC-focused Solutions Architect to work with our customers, including the largest CAE and Autonomous Computing customers, financial institutions, and healthcare and life-science customers, … to craft cloud native or hybrid HPC solutions.
As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mind-share and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers. You must be self-motivated with a proven track record of customer obsession and delivering results. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges in HPC and have shown proven thought leadership in the domain.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
· Design Customer Solutions Collaborate with the wider AWS teams to help customers and partners architect HPC Solutions that leverage AWS Services
· Engage with Solution Architects, Account Managers, Professional Services, and Partners to define an HPC Engagement strategy for AWS operational territories and key accounts.
· Thought Leadership – Provide thought leadership on solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as the AWS Compute Blog, whitepapers and reference architectures, as well as internal training of Solutions Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Trainers
· Serve as a one of the most senior members of the business development and accounting management team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform. Provide leadership and mentoring to the HPC Solutions Architects in EMEA.
· Assist solution providers with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies.
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the worldwide AWS solution architect community
· Understand AWS market segments, and industry verticals.
· Understand and exploit the use of internal business support systems.
· Technical knowledge and experience with high performance computing systems in Life Sciences, Engineering, Manufacturing, Autonomous Computing or Financial Services – both for embarrassingly parallel computing and tightly coupled workloads.
· Hands-on expertise architecting and building HPC clusters and large scale compute solutions
· Communicate effectively (English), both orally and in writing
· Advanced degree in computer science, engineering, physical or life sciences or related discipline
· Working knowledge of HPC schedulers and distributed/parallel file systems, underlying IT systems, and the HPC development process, high throughput and tight coupling approaches
· An understanding of the cloud computing delivery model as it relates to HPC
· Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
· Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect
· Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups.
· Understanding of application, server, and network security