Principal Data Scientist
Salary up to 70,000
An exciting opportunity for a Principal Data Scientist has arisen in our high-profile Data Science team, to help us with shaping the future of insurance at Aviva through cutting-edge analytics. This role could be ideal for you, if you have experience of leading a team of data scientists, along with designing, building, and implementing sophisticated models.
A bit about the job:
You'll work with one of the richest insurance datasets in the world, applying sophisticated techniques and technology to all stages of the data science process. Aviva are investing in data science, machine learning and advanced analytics as a distinctive capability. The UK team is recognised as a centre of excellence in our Global Data Science Practice. Part of the team will also be responsible for partnering with the Financial Crime leadership teams to identify opportunities to improve the detection of financial crime through the application of Data Science techniques.
Join us, and you'll have the chance to define a significant & measurable impact on Aviva.
Skills and experience we're looking for:
- Highly numerate and educated to degree or postgraduate (MSc) in a meaningful field – Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science
- You will bring several years' experience with a track record of solving complex non-routine problems; along with expertise in some, if not all, of the following areas: Statistics, Machine Learning, Deep Learning & AI
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills – able to communicate complex ideas in an understandable way often to non-specialists
- Ability to deliver projects, work collaboratively with operational teams and have the ability to think and act strategically
- Experience with delivering of transaction monitoring and case management functionality, so an understanding of financial crime risks and processes would also be a distinct advantage
What you'll get for this role:
- Salary up to 70,000 (depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications)
- Generous pension (starting level Aviva contributes 8% when you contribute 2%)
- Eligibility for annual performance bonus
- Family friendly parental and carer's leave
- 29 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for Aviva products
- Brilliant flexible benefits including electric cars
- Aviva Matching Share Plan and Save As You Earn scheme
- 21 volunteering hours per year
Aviva is for everyone:
We are inclusive and welcome everyone – we want applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Excited but not sure you tick every box? Research tells us that women, particularly, feel this way. So, regardless of gender, why not apply. And if you're in a job share just apply as a pair.
We flex locations, hours and working patterns to suit our customers, business, and you.
Most of our people are smart working – spending around 60% of their time in our offices and 40% at home.
To find out more about working at Aviva take a look here
We interview every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us an email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we'll interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Lacey Lane Mckoy a call on 07385425912 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org