The Core Brokerage Domain exists to develop flexible and scalable best-in-industry brokerage platform-as-a-service solutions.
This is a Principal Cloud Engineer role for Account Management and Asset Movement (2AM) domain in Core Brokerage which is part of Fidelity Brokerage Technology (FBT).
This is a hands-on role where you will understand the requirement, contribute to designs and write code. You will adopt and contribute to modern software development practices. You will be responsible to craft secure, scalable, resilient cloud-based services. As a Principal Cloud engineer in the team, you may be tapped into for guiding junior engineers on the team.
The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 7+ years of hands-on software/cloud development and engineering experience.
- 5+ years of experience working in complex architectural designs and technology initiatives.
- 3+ years experience working in agile development environment (Scrum/Kanban).
- 2+ years of experience in Test Driven Development.
Required and deep experience implementing solutions using the following technologies:
- REST API development leveraging NodeJS, JAVA.
- Event Driven application design and development utilizing KAFKA.
- Database development using PL/SQL for Oracle.
- API Gateway publishing with APIGEE/Stratum.
- Production Support Operations Tools like Splunk/Datadog/Kibana.
Nice to have experience implementing solutions using the following technologies/concepts:
- Application development on Public Cloud e.g.u00A0AWS(Serverless (Lambda), EKS,u00A0Step Functions, Lambda, S3, Dynamo).
- DevOps CI/CD tools likeu00A0Jenkins/ Jenkins Core, uDeploy, Concourse, TerraForm.
- Data modeling skills and implementing data processing pipelines.
- Containerization technology likeu00A0Docker.
- Sound ETL background and understanding of operational data stores.
- End to End topology understanding which include application, network, and other infrastructure components.
- Mainframe experience and COBOL understanding is a plus but not a must.
The Skills You Bring
- Assist in coordinating multiple development work streams through integration and ensure architecture is scalable, resilient, extensible, and aligned to strategic vision.
- Hardworking and committed to learning new tools and developing with the latest technologies and frameworks
- Assist in identification, isolation, resolution, and communication of problems within the production and non-production environment and perform troubleshooting.
- Proven analytical, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks at a given time
- Adopts and chips in to engineering practices such as code and design reviews and the definition of source control strategy, environment strategy, and build and deployment pipeline.
The Value You Deliver
- Understand the leadership vision and execute on that vision.
- Strengthen and promote the culture of innovation by setting examples.
- Find creative ways to get things done with eye on desired outcome.
- Champion a culture of best-in-class software engineering practices.
- Exercise a passion for keeping your knowledge up to date with industry.
- Cultivate high level of integrity and visibility in the team.
- Bring a data-driven & collaborative approach to decision making, both in day-to-day work and in making strategic trade-offs.
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in California only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Washington only:
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling u0022Dynamic Working.u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.