Senior Data Engineer
The Data Engineer designs, develops, and configures software based on traditional RDBMS and/or Big Data approaches to deliver data driven projects and solutions. The data engineer understands how data is used, manipulated and processed and combines these skills to create innovative solutions to business problems.
- 3 years+ in data engineering
- Experience with Python
- Experience with cloud technologies: especially AWS
- Experience with Big data technologies: experience of scaling code/ infrastructure
- Experience of working with SQL and No SQL data stores
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with developing data pipelines and data orchestration tools
Common role accountabilities
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of schedule and endeavours to estimate accurately and deliver according to those estimates
- Demonstrates skill and adeptness in team collaboration, technical discussion and negotiation
- Continually increases personal understanding of the data domain, technical concepts, methods and measurements that underpin the Engineering disciplines and practices of BAE Systems
- Delivers code and configured middleware, as well as supporting artefacts, which fulfil supplied requirements
- Works from high level designs and/or requirements to create low level design artefacts which can be delivered by relevant team members
- Exploits appropriate methods, languages, libraries, tools, and techniques and applies these to engineering tasks to realise the most effective outcome
- Ensures that all artefacts are produced to defined standards where standards exist, and to withstand professional scrutiny in any case
- Ensures that high quality and delivery standards are met and consistently delivers quality code on time and within estimate.
Applicants to this role must be amenable to obtain UK Government security clearance
For more information please visit our website: https://www.baesystems.com/en/cybersecurity/national-security
Help us secure a connected world. Apply now and be inspired
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.