Mid Level Software Engineer
Relocate to Sydney
$110,000-$140,000 AUD (Equivalent to £60,000-£75,000) + Equity
Burns Sheehan have been selected as an exclusive supplier to help a SaaS Tech unicorn that creates applications that educate people and saves lives, looking to sponsor brilliant Engineers to relocate to Sydney.
EdApp has recently been acquired by Safety Culture which is now valued at 2.2 Billion AUD making companies like Gucci, Coca Cola and even the United Nations a safer place to work. EdApp is a microlearning platform can be used by any team, making training easy to consume in 45 minute chunks increasing retention and empowering the workforce. Data driven and full customisable, the EdApp platform has had huge success internationally with 100,000 monthly users. With offices in Sydney, New York and Manchester and Manila, they're looking to invite some exceptional Software Engineers to relocate to Sydney, fully sponsored with flights for you and your family.
Success has been mindblowing, from building their first app in a garage in 2012, gaining Series A within a year to now having reached unicorn status coming 4th in Australia's best place to work. Their attitude to failure is refreshing, with Engineering teams led by incredibly smart and driven people. They're driven by their values, which is why their work with the United Nations led them to releasing training for women in Afghan to gain financial freedom, empowering them with training on entrepreneurship and gender equality. They're building an AI application which can predict when incidents could occur in the work place.
Their brand new office in Surry Hills, Sydney offers 7 levels of open and collaborative work space, not to mention the rooftop bars, breakfast and lunch fully catered and microbrewery on site, so it's not all work all the time. Surry Hills is dubbed the Sillicon Valley of Australia with it's own personality, 5 minutes from Central station with links to the incredible beach side suburbs Bondi, Coogee and Bronte all within 20 minutes.
With several UK Engineers from across the UK and their Head of Engineering who's moved over from Brighton, you will have a warm welcome from many people who have made the move to sunny Sydney from the UK and a multicultural team to welcome you on the flip side. 35% of the Engineering team is made up of womxn and we're helping to work on further representation to bring further diversity in ideas.
You'd be working on the EdApp platform, the training arm of Safety Culture, which has 4 main streams. You'll be working with C#, .Net Core, TypeScript and React building containerised microservices hosted in AWS. You can be back end focused or full stack. Your work will allow clients to build highly customisable training, translate to any language, manage analytics and track progress. You'll create end user features to make work a much better place to be for so many people.
What you'll be doing
- While no day is the same you can expect your day to day activities will developing clean, beautiful code, participating in every step of the product development process with an open and curious team
- Work closely and collaboratively with other engineers, designers, product managers to deliver new features and functionality on time to our customers all over the world
- Analyse business needs and implementation approaches to deliver high-quality applications
- Bring new ideas to the table on how we can improve the platform – from new feature development, process improvements and product suggestions.
- Help us collectively drive and increase our monthly active users!
Who you are:
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering in C# .Net Core &/or Node.JS and Typescript. Bonus points for React.js.
- Experience building scalable SaaS platforms with a microservices-based architecture
- Experience in writing good Unit Tests
- You have a solid understanding of modern programming and design principles.
- You love to teach as well as to learn. You don't hesitate to ask for help and are always ready to provide help when needed because you want the whole team to grow
Interested in learning how you could manifest that life you've wanted to build in Aus? Click apply and Beth will be in touch.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.