Location – Brighton, England
1X2 Network, EGR’s Slot Supplier of the year (2021) is looking for a Mid-Level Java Developer. This is an opportunity to join the development team of a creative, fast-growing, profitable, independent software company.
About 1X2 Network
1X2 has pioneered Virtual Gaming products since 2002 and are now at the forefront of game development with over 150 titles, including Virtual Sports, Table Games, Slots, Instant Win and shortly Multiplayer games in the iGaming industry. The company boasts a wide range of household name clients (over 250 to be precise) including Bet365, BetVictor and Entain (Ladbrokes, Coral, Bwin etc).
Several brands construct the 1X2 Network, each business targeting specific market niches. Our two main brands include Iron Dog Studio, and 1X2gaming, with a wealth of additional partners available on the Network.
1X2 Network Culture
1X2 HQ is located in Brighton on the south coast of the UK, but the company boasts 2 further UK locations… Brentwood in Essex, and Liverpool Street in Central London. This is alongside an office in Malta, plus several remote employees across the globe.
We work energetically, producing and distributing successful mobile and online casino games. Our dedication is rewarded with a variety of social activities and company get-togethers. We are proud of our international team and large global partnerships with leading clients. Travel is occasionally required by 1X2 Network employees we collaborate and network with other leading iGaming companies at annual festivals and events. We pride ourselves in offering our employee’s a workplace that initiates personal growth with support from a team of confident, experienced and reliable work colleagues.
The role of Java Developer is highly demanding and varied, mostly work alongside our integrations team, where your main task will be to develop and integrate our games portfolio with new clients. It will require the candidate to make it their own and would suit someone who is prepared to go above and beyond. The role is part of an exciting and growing area of the business and there are opportunities to take on additional projects and responsibilities to grow the role if the candidate has the desired ambition.
Many of our projects require interaction with server-based APIs, so you'll gain experience in back-end web development and a good understanding of overall system architecture principles.
- Supporting existing integrations
- Investigating problem bets
- Implement improvements to integrations
- Good knowledge and experience of Object-Oriented – Programming and Multi-Threading
- Java, MySQL
- Experience working with Java Web Application Servers
- Experience working with external web APIs
- Familiarity with internet HTTP requests
- Understanding of RESTful API Methodology
- Experience of kafka or other another messaging system
- Experience of caching, redis or similar
- Experience using coding analysis
- Knowledge and experience working with Linux servers
- Knowledge of Wowza video streaming technologies
- Experience of working with web sockets
- Experience with version control (GIT)
- Experience working with SQL Server
- Experience of Java EE (Enterprise Edition)
- Experience of the Spring Framework
The successful candidate will
- Have a willingness to learn
- Have a degree in Computer Science or closely related subject
- Be highly organised, able to prioritise workload effectively with attention to detail
- Be proactive, motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Can write clean commented code
- Be able to communicate effectively whether talking to someone technical or non-technical, both internally and with development partners
- Have good problem solving and analytical skills in order to spot errors and diagnose problems
The Benefits of working at 1X2 Network
- Competitive salary in addition to a company bonus scheme.
- We offer long-term career prospects with opportunities to develop – the job is what you make it!
- A fun working atmosphere working amongst an enthusiastic and dynamic team.
- We offer a stimulating work environment in a state-of-the-art, purpose-designed space, including games pinball machine and table tennis.
- Currently the working environment includes weekly sports/games, Friday drinks, as well as the much anticipated Summer and Christmas parties!
- Flexible remote working – for the right candidates.
- 2-minute walk from Brighton train station
- 5-minute walk from the Brighton Lanes, pubs and night life.