Master Data and Data Analytics Manager required to own the master data and data analytics at Corin by driving effective data and analytical processes and systems into the business to reduce the risk associated with incomplete, inaccurate or inconsistent data. You will work closely with key business stakeholders using Sage 1000, Power BI and various data simulation tools (MVA, GLM). If you are a Data Manager who has previously lead data changes, implemented best practice data management principles and processes and has strong data skills both functionally and technically, read on…
Accountabilities For The Master Data And Data Analytics Manager
- Ensure data management and reporting requirements, processes and procedures are clearly documented, concurrent, and adhered to in order to assure fitness for purpose.
- The development of Test Plans based on requirements to evidence
- The prioritisation and resolution of escalations and urgent requests.
- Develop and Implement data management and analytics strategies ensuring resource is available to meet operational demand and capacity to support projects according to the changing
The key responsibilities of the Master Data and Data Analytics Manager are to:
- Support the definition and implementation of Data Governance, Operating Models and Data Quality frameworks
- Design, implement and manage Data quality standards to support standardised meanings, correct usage and understanding of data. Own the definition of Master data hierarchies and the change request process.
- Work with the business stakeholders to formally define designated Data Owners and Data Stewards to deliver data quality improvement plans, setting out clear expectations and roles and responsibilities, and ensuring their continued enforcements.
- Monitor data quality process, identifying data quality issue patterns, applying remediation plans, implementation of data controls, and manage data quality remediation strategies to ensure continual improvement of data quality.
- Deliver regular status updates via a dashboard to show progress on data initiatives.
- Provide the link between IT and functional business areas to ensure system and processes have accurate and relevant data.
- Validate and extract data from business system data sources using the relevant tables, queries and programs.
- Assess and define business requirements and support business process developments through project delivery.
- Train end users in the correct use of data for a given process using defined standard processes
- Accommodate and work with project methodology approaches to develop and deliver plans, RACI’s, written documentation, training material and stakeholder reporting
- Engage with the business to challenge and to understand business needs and objectives
- Develop strategies for neutral, systems agnostic and effective data analysis and reporting through which the quality of reporting is measurable and consistent
- Prioritise, select, configure, and implement analytic solutions, and thereafter managing them through their service lifecycle
- Lead, coach and develop a team of data analysts
- Communicate with technology and information management partners to ensure that issues are overcome in a positive and constructive manner
- Conduct root cause analysis to understand and advise on variations
- Oversee all analytics operations to investigate and correct discrepancies and ensure quality
- Support ad-hoc reports and make recommendations based upon findings.
- Build sustainable and repeatable processes to transform raw data into actionable business insights
- Conduct “Acceptance and Regression Testing” to ensure that critical and operational reports and reporting systems continue to work correctly when new functionality or systems are introduced.
- Be the SME on Master data and analytical
The ideal Master Data and Data Analytics Manager will have:
- A degree or similar in computer science, business intelligence, analytics data science or data management
- Time served experience in global data management projects around ERP data (Item master, Customer Master, Transactional data)
- A MDM certification – EG DAMA
- Strong user experience in Master Data Management technology landscape, processes and design principles
- Operational familiarity in the use of meta-data management, data quality, and data stewardship tools and platforms
- Experience of building, extracting, analysing, cleansing, improving, transforming master and transactional data
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship building skills.
- Previous experience of working in major projects in the delivery of new or changes to process including changing or adding new data requirements
- Experience of developing and delivering own project plans in relation to data initiatives
- Previous experience of building business validation rules and getting alignment on the definition of business processes, roles & responsibilities and governance
- Experience of building reports using Power BI, SSRS etc.
You will receive a competitive salary and annual bonus as well as;
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Hybrid working – 2-3 days a week in the Cirencester head office
- Excellent pension – starts at 6%, going up to 9.7% after 18 months – option for salary sacrifice
- Life assurance – 6x your basic salary
- Private medical insurance with BUPA for you and your family, which includes mental health support
- Onsite counselling service
- Free annual eye tests and flu vaccinations
- Subsidised canteen with great meal deals and hot food.
- Subsidised gym membership for 2x gyms in Cirencester
- Ample free site car parking with electric car parking points
- Charity fundraising events monthly
- Progressive and supportive place to work with great people!
- Internal and personal development opportunities
Corin is a medical device business with innovative robotically assisted platforms for joint replacement surgery. Corin offers a unique combination of clinically proven hip & knee solutions and world leading technologies, our OMNIBotics & OPS systems utilize intelligent instrumentation to give surgeons the ability to perform patient-specific procedures with high accuracy, with more consistent results and improved recovery rates.