Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Inmarsat’s Government business unit delivers against the requirements for voice, data and video services with demand for global availability and utmost reliability. Whether a military commander on operations, a government official responding to a local emergency or a head of state conducting international affairs, Inmarsat provides them with essential access to voice and broadband data, where and when they need it.
Primary role purpose:
As a member of the Global Government Market Development team, the Market Data Analyst will be responsible for supporting the creation and delivery of market and competitor analysis reports to help the sales organisation meet its target in those markets and regions identified as key for future growth. The role will require research and data gathering, analysis of the data and succinct and effective reporting and presenting of that analysis. To do so successfully, the Market Data Analyst will identify and use multiple internal and external data sources but also work in partnership with multiple internal stakeholder groups.
The Market Data Analyst’s contribution to the Market Development team function will include:
- Market Monitoring: Ensure Global Government’s market knowledge is current and new trends and developments are analysed and communicated to the relevant people across the Business Unit.
- Market Scanning: Track government and military tenders being released and communicate them to the relevant team across the BU.
- Competitor Analysis: Collect data about key competitors. Investigating a variety of sources to gather insight about what the competition is doing and what they might be planning to do next.
- Market Analysis: Collect data on geographies and vertical markets identified as strategic to assist the Market Development Team with the preparation of strategic analysis and presentations.
- Internal Data Segmentation: Create & maintain transformed internal data sets highlighting key geographies and vertical markets.
- Collaboration: Collaborate closely with the multidisciplinary teams within Global Government BU and the wider Inmarsat.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree in Business, Economics, Maths or Science.
- Ability to carry out desk based research as well as elicit information from subject matter experts within the business unit.
- Analytical and methodical mind set.
- Experienced with Microsoft Excel (VBA), MS Office and SalesForce CRM.
- Experienced with one or more programming language such as Python, SQL and R.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Highly motivated self-starter, able to use initiative and put the whole picture together.
- Ability to work with some degree of autonomy, using their own initiative to contribute to the business.
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Customer Providing a unique value to our customers
- Accountability taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do