Title: Sr. & Lead Firmware/Embedded Software Engineer (2 Openings) (C, 16/32-bit microcontrollers, AUTOSAR experience) Direct Hire/Permanent
Conexess Group is looking for a technical software engineer who is willing to take on leading in the growth of a world-class team. Our client is a leader in energy management systems in electric vehicles, In this role you will be responsible for leading the development of embedded software in a small dynamic team to support multiple actuator products to be used in electric vehicle climate systems. As a development lead youll be expected to represent software for the product development team. This is a great opportunity to build on existing skills and guide an excellent team to developing the best product in its class.
Education and Years of Experience
- 5- 8+ years experience developing embedded software is required.
- 5+ years experience leading and mentoring other engineers on technical assignments or as a software project technical lead. (Only required for lead opening)
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or similar technical degree.
Desired Competencies, Experience, & Qualifications
- Strong C programming experience with a proven understanding of 16/32-bit microcontrollers.
- Experience developing software in an AUTOSAR compliant software architecture is preferred.
- Familiarity with automotive communication protocols (PWM, LIN, CAN) and their design implications. Should also be familiar with CAN/LIN test tools such as Vector or Intrepid hardware.
- Experience with UDS or automotive diagnostics.
- Experience with Software Configuration, Release and Change Management is required.
- Experience with ASPICE development processes and a strong understanding of the development V-Model is required.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills is required.
- Excellent time management skills are required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English language required
- Use of general electronics test tools (o-scope, soldering iron, function generator) to support software development and prototype testing activities.
- Significant experience with the implementation of BLDC Motor control strategies (Stepper / Back-EMF / SVM)
- Lead design and development of control software for multi-purpose actuators and valves (BLDC motor, Brushed DC motor controls, electronic valves & sensors).
- Technical project management of software development used in HVAC applications.
- Lead the implementation and expansion of a common platform software architecture that will support multiple product applications.
- Follow and support implementation of global engineering process.
- Support in the quoting process to identify customer requirements and analyze to product capability
- Interface with customers / stakeholders to identify product software needs and coordinate the development of requirements analysis.
- Drive development of improved software testing processes to an ASPICE capable practice.
- Provide technical expertise and mentoring to a team of embedded software engineers.
- Ensure all customer performance specifications and requirements are met.
- Provide technical expertise for motor control applications