UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Will be responsible for transformative changes to our architecture and drive OptumLabs’ technical strategy
- Will evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing technologies and tools, influence other Principals, Directors and their technical teams to build the right systems that can scale to the needs of the business
- Design, develop and deliver strategically significant or demanding software that changes how we engineer solutions
- Build exemplary architecture solutions in terms of efficiency, stability, extensibility, and the ability to evolve over time; Coding practices should be exemplary in terms of code organization, clarity, simplicity, error handling, and documentation
- Decompose significantly complex engineering problems into straightforward solutions
- Take the lead on projects that may require the work of several teams to implement
- Take responsibility for the overall architecture of a major product or small organization, aligning the teams that own that software towards a coherent system strategy
- Decompose a software architecture into components that can be owned and developed by different engineering team
- Communicate component divisions in a way that allows individual teams to work mostly independently
- Stay current on advanced technical issues, technologies, and trends
- Mentor software engineers
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 12+ years of software engineering experience, with a proven track record of leading large-scale projects
- 6+ years of hands-on experience working on large scale Java projects with specific focus on micronaut, Spring Boot or spark scala projects
- 4+ years of hands-on experience as a principal-level software engineer
- 3+ years of experience in working cloud environments – preferably Azure
- Proven track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality systems
- Experience utilizing exceptional communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a complex, service-oriented service development
- Experience in shipping successful projects in an Agile environment
- Highly organized individual
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.