Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support all phases of data integration projects through Discovery, Estimation, Design, Analysis, Development, Testing and Implementation of APIs
- Effectively lead and own delivery for the work of the development team while using technical skills as a hands-on software engineer
- Design and implement product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders. Design reusable components, frameworks, and libraries
- Remain current on industry trends in integration including but not limited to API technologies, event driven architecture and industry best practices to lead the assessment, design, testing, implementation, and support of new and existing solutions
- Participate in an Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases through Sprints
- Contribute to code review process to ensure development work adheres to standards, specifications, and best practices. Help the teams improve efficiency and quality of the development
- Work with the business and across technology to analyze complex business requirements, then manage the design or redesign of complex solutions. Advise on viability and feasibility of alternative approaches
- Provide oversight, mentorship, and technical leadership to junior team members to ensure timely execution of project deliverables
- Provide governance oversight to ensure adherence to development strategy, standards, tools, and procedures. Guide the development teams to consistently apply appropriate development principles and standards during all phases of the development life cycle
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
- Maintain up-to-date skills in API development technologies and a broad understanding of the business, business needs, and how applications support the business
- Provide expertise in the selection and implementation of development tools and best practices. Establish and maintain productive working relationships with business partners and project teams
- Work very closely with architecture groups and drive solutions
- Experience with integration tools such as MuleSoft / FiveTran / CData sync would be advantageous
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, information systems or combination of education and related work experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in Software Engineering field with exposure to API development
- 5+ years of experience architecting services with MuleSoft or other integration solution such as FiveTran, cData or other similar tools
- 5+ years of experience with API management solutions such as MuleSoft, Apigee, Mashery, APIExchange or other similar tools
- 2+ years of experience on CI/CD methodologies using GITHUB, Jenkins or other similar tools.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Apply analytical critical thinking skills for process development or problem resolution.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ability to translate customer's high-level requirements into technical specifications for the IT organization and manage changes to such specifications
- Ability to travel on occasion for team meetings, 1-2 times/year
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.