Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The role of Lead Software Engineer within Human Capital Systems provides an exciting opportunity to influence the direction of the next generation of UnitedHealth Group’s People-focused technology. UHG is embarking on a journey to Cloud-based People management software platforms, and the Lead Software Engineer will help set the course. This role will work with and coordinate small, agile teams of analysts and developers to design, develop/configure, and test software features such as enhancements, interfaces, conversions, and reports. A passion for teamwork plus hands-on analyst skills such as design and testing will be critical to your success in this role.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Own specific workstreams and/or other key deliverables within implementation projects
- Coordinate small teams of business analysts, software engineers, and other contributors to fulfill project needs as well as other business needs such as urgent enhancements or production fixes
- Define business requirements and translate them into the creation of user stories with acceptance and testing criteria
- Ensure non-functional requirements are incorporated into solutions such as performance and availability
- Conceptualize functional and technical solutions to make both large and small improvements to the employee and user experience
- Plan, develop, and execute technical testing to support any enhancements, fixes, or releases while supporting the testing team in planning, developing, and executing functional testing
- Partner with engineers to create robust, configurable, and scalable solutions that fulfill customer needs
- Perform technically oriented configuration such as setting up online reports via Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence (OTBI)
- Analyze behind the scenes data using SQL queries
- Drives the application of modern software engineering practices to improve team delivery and solution outcomes
- Drives code reuse and contribution strategy for span of control; minimizes redundant development
- Understands the financial implications of software (cost and benefits for both engineering and operations)
- Drive high-quality execution across organizational lines
- Work within an agile development/delivery framework
- Focus on improvement of agile development metrics including Time to Build (TTB) and Time to Value (TTV)
- Ability to thrive while working in ambiguity
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience on full lifecycle software implementation projects
- 5+ years of HCM software experience
- Experience translating customer needs into feature definition, user stories, and product capabilities
- 10+ years of software implementation experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with SQL
- 3+ years of delivering products and value within an Agile-development framework
- Oracle Cloud HCM support or project experience
- Oracle Cloud Reporting experience with OTBI
- Health care industry experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.