About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer in Software Engineering as part of Technology. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will play technical lead (SME) role for Transformation Services applications/services within Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Center of Excellence (CoE). ECM CoE provides solutions & Services enabling digital document and content management capabilities to capture, manage, store, preserve, deliver content(Image, Document, Data) and related document/content business process work-flows across all Line of businesses for Wells Fargo. Conversion Services (CS) application is suite of services, supporting critical ECM functions like Ingestion, Export, Document MIME-TYPE Conversion (e.g. TIFF to PDF, AFP to PDF) and Encryption. These Services play key role in Imaging platform standardization by supporting various System Migration and Retirement initiatives. It is a high volume application supporting ~2-3 million documents ingestions and ~1 million documents exported per day. You will work closely with ECM Business partners and Technology peer groups, like peer Development and Delivery teams, DevOps team, Platform Production Management, Infrastructure and the Capacity team.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of Java experience
- 5+ years open source framework experience such as Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, microservices
- 5+ years of experience working with an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) or Service Oriented Architecture Enabling (SOA) platform
- 5+ years of SOAP or RESTful Web Services / Microservices
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- Knowledge and understanding of technical design: ECM system design, implementation, and support at an enterprise level
- 5+ years of JMS (Java Message Service) experience
- Experience with Document Conversion Technologies/Software e.g. iText, Crawford PRO Transform, Snowbound etc.
- Cloud computing experience
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to simultaneously lead multiple projects
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Experience with Batch Process
- 1525 W. W. T. Harris Blvd, Charlotte, NC
- 4 1/2 St., Winston-Salem, NC
- 2600 S. Price Rd, Chandler, AZ
- 800 S Jordon Creek Pkwy, West Des Moines, IA
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.