About this role:
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer in it's OmniAuth development team. This is a hands-on role with primary focus on design, and development of complex business functionality. We are looking for strong Java/J2ee developers with a passion for developing quality code and a deep understanding of core concepts of java/J2ee technologies. The selected candidates would be developing high volume, highly available authentication services for the enterprise, including, but not limited to, online and mobile channels.
- Design and development of complex business functionality.
- Prepare technical design documents and participate in design reviews.
- Design, develop and unit test application functionality.
- Participate in the entire Agile SDLC and interface with project managers, business analysts, QA and deployment teams.
- Troubleshoot production issues and provide developer support for releases
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- 5+ years of Object Oriented experience
- 5 + years of J2EE experience
- 5+ years of Java experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of SOA (Services Oriented Architecture)
- Knowledge and understanding of test driven application development
- 2+ years of Spring experience
- 1+ year of Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) experience
- Experience in one or a combination of the following: Cloud Foundry or Kubernetes
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.