Are you looking to step up into a hands on leadership role? Do you aspire to head up your very own Electronics team? One of the world's leading manufacturers of Human Machine Interfaces such as Trackballs, Touch Pads, Ergonomic Mouses and other control solutions. Based in the East Midlands this company is rapidly growing and in need of a shiny new Lead Embedded Software Engineer. You can expect up to 15% bonus and worldwide travel opportunities on top of the starting salary.
Day to day responsibilities:
Working for the world leader in their field, the successful Lead Embedded Software Engineer's duties will include:
- Designing Human Machine Interface systems such as touch pads, track balls and keyboards using embedded C.
- Responsibility for managing software changes and firmware changes to new products.
- Coding in embedded C from scratch on bare-metal platforms.
- Lead IP creation and Innovation, working alongside multidisciplinary teams to take products through full life-cycle of development.
- Development of algorithms for closed loop control systems.
- Develop and test working prototypes using test rigs to prove out technology.
I'd love to hear from you if you can demonstrate the following as Lead Embedded Software Engineer:
- 6 years' experience as Embedded Software Engineer or Firmware Engineer, programming on bare metal using Embedded C.
- Qualified to degree level in either PhD, MSc, MEng, BEng or BSc Software Engineering, Control Systems, Embedded Software Engineering.
- Proficiency programming using embedded C
- Experience programming a range of microcontrollers onto various platforms including RTOS such as FreeRTOS.
In return the Lead Embedded Software Engineer you will receive:
- At least 55,000 per annum (negotiable dependent on experience).
- Holiday allowance begins at 22 days (+ statutory), rising to 25 after a period of service.
- Pension contribution can be 4%.
- Bonuses can vary from zero to 15% of gross salary (level and performance dependent).
- Significant travel opportunities with the company – the Engineering team play a key role in our sales development cycles throughout the USA, Europe and Asia.
If you would like to find out more about this Lead Embedded Software Engineer opportunity, click the "APPLY NOW" button below and we'll be in touch.