This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the most promising tech start-ups in the North of England (Leeds City Region Tech Climbers 2022) at an early stage.
Our sister company Answer Pay are looking to bring in a Lead Software Engineer specialising in Java and the JVM platform to help build and deliver high quality Request to Pay solutions, from inception right through to delivery, as part of Answer Pay’s Technology Team.
You will be a highly experienced professional engineer that has successfully driven strategic initiatives within a team or even across multiple teams.
About Answer Pay
Answer Pay build connectivity so that banks can build experiences. As Europe’s leading provider of Request to Pay services, they’re enabling the transformation of how suppliers communicate with customers, starting with the bill payment experience. Answer Pay’s Request to Pay service enables a business to digitally ask a customer for a payment.
About the Role
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Leeds, Hybrid Remote (will include travel, as/when project requires it)
Suitable for: Senior or Lead Software Engineers specialising in Java with experience building scalable cloud-native software in an agile environment with at least 5 years’ experience
- Lead the delivery of technical solutions for high impact projects within a development team
- Lead the breakdown of requirements into development tasks, stories and epics
- Identify risks/pain points/technical debt and drive improvement of existing systems
- Ensure fast iteration with CI/CD, automated testing etc
- Mentor and review the work of other team members
- Drive improvements to the software development process
- Communicate with stakeholders and customers to feedback or clarify requirements
- Strengthen technical performance of teams through mentoring, pairing, code reviews etc
- Drive improvements in our engineering culture
- Strengthen technical capabilities of teams by supporting the hiring process
- Ensure that technology selection is aligned with business goals and vision
Essential skills include:
- Highly skilled in Java and the JVM platform
- NoSql Databases (ideally including MongoDB)
- RESTful Web Services
- Agile software development
- Continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
- Spring Framework (ideally including Spring Boot)
- AWS Cloud with infrastructure automation (e.g. Cloudformation/terraform)
- Container Technology (ideally including Kubernetes)
- Experience in coaching, training, and mentoring other engineers
- System design addressing challenges of scalability, reliability, and performance
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Can elect to join Group Personal Pension Scheme with 5% of salary contributory when you contribute 5%
- Unlimited career growth opportunity with ambitious, entrepreneurial team
- Global proposition in early-stage technical realisation
- Choice of laptop
Please note: you must be eligible to work in the UK in order for your application to be considered, unfortunately we are unable to offer sponsorship at this time.