Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you’ll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll be supported and surrounded by other professionals as you learn new skills, advance your career, and see the impact of your efforts every day.
Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including base pay and annual incentive
- Comprehensive health and life insurance and well-being benefits, based on location
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off and other leave of absence
- Flexible/Hybrid Work Arrangements
Why You’ll Love This Job:
The Software Engineering role specializes in planning, documenting technical requirements, designing, developing, and testing all software systems and applications for the firm. Works closely with architects, product managers, project management, and end-users in the development and enhancement of existing software systems and applications, proposing and recommending solutions that solve complex business problems.
The Development family is responsible for creating, designing, deploying, and supporting applications, programs, and software solutions. May include research, new development, prototyping, modification, reuse, re-engineering, maintenance, or any other activities related to software products used internally or externally on product platforms supported by the firm. The software development process requires in-depth subject matter expertise in existing and emerging development methodologies, tools, and programming languages. Software Developers work closely with business partners and / or external clients in defining requirements and implementing solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Act as a technical expert on one or more applications utilized by DTCC
- Work with the Business System Analyst to ensure designs satisfy functional requirements
- Partner with Infrastructure to identify and deploy optimal hosting environments
- Tune application performance to eliminate and reduce issues
- Research and evaluate technical solutions consistent with DTCC technology standards
- Align risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Apply different software development methodologies dependent on project needs
- Contribute expertise to the design of components or individual programs, and participate in the construction and functional testing
- Support development teams, testing, troubleshooting, and production support
- Create applications and construct unit test cases that ensure compliance with functional and non-functional requirements
- Work with peers to mature ways of working, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Strong JAVA application design and development skills including performance tuning. UNIX/LINUX shell scripting, ability to work on various ETL tools and AWS cloud solutions.
- Coordinates the technical design of Risk systems; implements technology-specific best practices & standards; controls success criteria from design through deployment, including, reliability, cost-effectiveness, performance, data integrity, maintainability, reuse, extensibility, usability and scalability; provides leadership on AD teams.
- Acts as a partner with cross-functional teams to ensure the success of product strategy and project deliverables.
Sound like you?
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology (IT).
- Master’s in Applied Computer Science (M.S) (Not required but a plus)
- 7+ years’ experience in application development and system analysis
- Technology Selection assists in technology selection decisions; manages technology risk for the project team
- Perform business and technical presentations in relation to technology platforms and solutions addressing the business problems
- Platforms works with Infrastructure partners to stand up development, testing, and production environments. Will define scalability and performance criteria for the product
- Environments work with Infrastructure partners to choose optimal hosting environment
- Requirements Elaboration works with the Functional Architect to ensure that non-functional requirements are complete and appropriate
- Data Modeling ensures physical data model supports the performance, privacy and security requirements
- System Performance proposes solutions that satisfy performance requirements; ensures test strategy validates performance requirements; tunes application performance issues
- Security understands corporate info. security standards; ensures test plans validate security requirements
- Standards recommends and promotes technical solutions that are consistent with corporate standards
- Documentation develops and maintains system documentation
- Is familiar with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban) and leads team in process best practices of chosen methodology
- Helps to develop solutions that balance cost, schedule, and requirements
- Helps roll out standards and policies to other team members
- Supports team in managing client expectations and resolving issues on time
- Engages in activities to support the broader organization
- Incorporates business and financial factors into decision making and supports team members in doing the same
- Ensures own and team’s practices support success across all geographic locations
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures and monitoring controls, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
- J2EE Technologies Core Java, Servlets, JSP, EJB, JSF, JDBC
- UNIX/LINUX shell scripting
- AWS Cloud services
Who We Are:
DTCC is the heart of the post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From 21 locations all over the world, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. In 2020, DTCC’s subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $2.3 quadrillion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.