About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer…
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of Performance Center or LoadRunner experience
- 5 + years of experience writing relational database queries for stored procedures, query optimization and performance tuning
- 3+ years of experience with Application performance, monitoring and optimization using Blazemeter, JMeter, Splunk and AppDynamics
- 3+ years of Linux experience
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Software Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- BS/BA degree or higher in information technology.
- An industry-standard technology certification or cloud certification.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Java experience
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC): all phases and types of testing
- Knowledge and understanding of application profiling and performance tuning of highly scalable and available systems.
- Cloud experience .
The Digital Technology and Innovation group supports the Corporate Strategy, Digital Platform & Innovation Business. Together they work closely to continue evolving Wells Fargo's digital platforms and enhance integration of the innovation pipeline into our customer-facing capabilities.
The Digital Technology and Innovation (DTI) performance engineering team plays a key role in driving the availability and response time for all the digital channel applications. We are hiring a Lead performance engineer to join our Digital Technology and innovation application performance engineering team. Our goal is to support our company's Visions and Values by delivering, maintaining and supporting high quality software solutions.
The Digital Technology and Innovation projects have significant road map with very aggressive time lines and very critical for the success for the bank with direct impact to our valued customer. This role will serve as a Lead performance engineer in support of the Auth-Hub Platform. The Auth-Hub projects have significant road map with very aggressive time line and very critical for the success of Auth-Hub platform. The role is to build the deep subject matter expert (SME) knowledge for auth-Hub platform and provide leadership for performance engineering support without relying on contract staffing. Knowledge retention and leadership is very critical for our ability to support the tremendous growth for critical Auth-Hub platform projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
‘ Define and lead the application performance engineering and testing for all Auth-Hub projects.
‘ Lead various platform reliability, resiliency and Chaos engineering initiatives across the digital channel platforms.
‘ Drive and lead the synergy across development, production support group (PSG), Enterprise Database Management (EDM), infrastructure and business in driving various best practices including but not limited to automation, service virtualization for seamless and on time performance testing for all Fraud prevention and authorization projects.
‘ Responsible and accountable for end to end application performance tuning and optimization for Auth-Hu projects and ensure quality code released to production.
‘ Act as an industry expert and "go to person" for all supported application's performance analysis and recognized as an expert on various performance management and analysis tools such as Dev Test, AppD , Jenkins, HPC load runner etc.
‘ Mentor junior staffs and bring them up to the speed to build the resource pipeline to ensure success of the various platforms.
‘ Drive key performance metrics, bottlenecks and obtain the buy in from key business partners
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.