About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join our Intelligent Capture team. The Intelligent Capture team is part of the Strategic Services & Advanced Technology area within Digital Technology and Innovation and manages Enterprise Capture platforms leveraging vendor software, machine learning models, and custom developed software to provide a rich set of services and capabilities for Automated Digitization, Classification, and Data Extraction from Documents.
Th is role will be focused on leading and implementing our efforts for Enterprise Pipeline, build & deployment automation, across our multiple application platforms. This will include performing manual deployment processes while leading efforts to implement automated build and deployment solutions. This role will require working with our software vendors as well as enterprise teams to develop automated solutions.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years experience in .NET software development (C# or VB.NET) including console, web, and service applications.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience in Software Development Life-Cycle.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in designing/building medium to large scale application development.
- 3+ years of demonstrated ability to utilize Visual Studio and TFS for software build/deployment.
- 5+ years experience in Oracle/SQL database development including PL/SQL and T/SQL
- 3+ years demonstrated ability to write technical documentation for software applications.
- 3+ years demonstrated ability in software code review process.
- Experience with Kofax Capture suite of products including Kofax Capture, KTM, KCNS, KAFC, etc.
- Experience with Image Capture and/or Enterprise Content Management systems such as Filenet, etc.
- Experience with software security process/procedures including the use of Fortify and BlackDuck software.
- Experience in JIRA for tracking software development tasks/procedures.
- Experience in Agile software development methodology
- Experience with ServiceNow system for problem ticket tracking/resolution.
- Experience in large scale performance testing in a high volume environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Travel Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Work Schedule Ability to work outside of regular business hours
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening, hybrid or as needed
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.