Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Lead Software Engineer
Date: 1 Jul 2023
Location: Edinburgh, GB
Company: Royal London Group
Job Title: Lead Software Engineer
Contract Type: Permanent
Working style: Hybrid 50% home/office based
Closing date: 4th August 2023
A Lead Software Engineer will provide deep technical expertise to help our teams design, develop, test, and implement efficient solutions that meet business and customer requirements.
The Application Services Team sit within the Group Technology Services division of Royal London Group and this role will be focussed on our exciting new Pensions Application stack.
The successful candidate will have a real impact into how Royal London develop our applications and will provide a blend of both solid leadership experience and technical expertise.
About the role
- Leads the development of complex technical solutions, managing own workload and that of the developers in the team.
- Provides technical advice and guidance to other software developers, proactively and reactively.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that all code meets Royal London Group standards, guidelines, and quality gates for given technology.
- Encourages close collaboration with other disciplines within the team.
- Manages dependencies with other teams.
- Takes an active role on the transfer of knowledge and sharing of experiences relating to own area of technical expertise at practice level.
- Provides input to the setting of objectives for other developers.
- Hands on development experience in .Net and Angular, successfully delivering change on complex applications.
- Passionate about driving a modern and inclusive culture.
- Ability to lead and motivate teams.
- Can manage own workload whilst scheduling and allocating work to other developers.
- A growth mindset with the ability to support, coach and mentor others.
- Able to communicate at all levels in an engaging and collaborative manner.
About Royal London
We’re the UK’s largest mutual life, pensions and investment company, offering protection, long-term savings and asset management products and services.
Our People Promise to our colleagues is that we will all work somewhere inclusive, responsible, enjoyable and fulfilling. This is underpinned by our Spirit of Royal London values; Empowered, Trustworthy, Collaborate, Achieve.
We've always been proud to reward employees by offering great workplace benefits such as 28 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays, an up to 14% employer matching pension scheme and private medical insurance. You can see all our benefits here – Our Benefits
Inclusion, diversity and belonging
We’re an Inclusive employer. We celebrate and value different backgrounds and cultures across Royal London. Our diverse people and perspectives give us a range of skills which are recognised and respected whatever their background.