Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
As the Lead Principal Cloud Engineer (Azure), you will part of a Data Science Infrastructure and Cloud Capability Team that provides infrastructure for several analytics groups, data engineering and analytical engineers. You will be a SME for Azure within the team, creating solutions to enable execution of analytics in a public cloud platform. You would be familiar with data products and compute choices in Azure and understanding how best to secure and manage these resources in an high availability environment. We’re looking for someone who is a team player, with a passion for technology and ability to learn new technologies and successfully implement innovation solutions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain Azure SaaS Cloud Services while optimizing for cost and performance
- Create and maintain Cloud security strategies, policies, procedures, and documentation
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- Serves as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Solves complex problems and develops innovative solutions
- Performs complex conceptual analyses, reviews work performed by others and provides recommendations for improvement
- Resolve issues and provide technical assistance on the Azure cloud-hosted environment
- Document issue resolutions and changes in cloud or system configurations
- Create and develop infrastructure as code using Terraform to manage our cloud subscriptions
- Identify opportunities for improvement, optimize performance and scalability of existing solutions
- Collaborate with management, quality assurance, architecture, and other development teams to deliver against an agile roadmap of initiatives
- Continue to develop your skills on the job through mentoring and planned self-directed training
- Build compliance ready solutions that meet SOC2, HITRUST certifications
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years degree in STEM related technology (Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Healthcare Informatics, or related degree)
- 3+ years of experience implementing CI/CD pipelines with automated infrastructure, deployment, testing, security scans and more (GitHub, GitHub Actions, Terraform, Jenkins, etc.)
- 2+ years IaC experience with using Cloud formation, Terraform, or Powershell
- 1+ year Azure Cloud Platform engineering, including Azure PaaS and SaaS services, Azure AD, storage, etc.
- Experience of managing public/private cloud technologies in a large-scale enterprise environment (Azure preferred)
- Azure Cloud Platform Certification
- Experience using data products in Azure like Databricks, Snowflake, ADLS2, Cassandra, and ADF
- Solid understanding of Networking and troubleshooting (App Gateways, DNS, routing, firewalls)
- Understanding of infrastructure as code, specifically Terraform and Azure Resource Manager
- Interest or knowledge in using Kubernetes for scaling data and services infrastructure
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.