Payara is an international open-source software company serving clients around the globe. We were recent recipients of the prestigious ‘Queen’s Award for Enterprise, International Trade’.
As part of our continued ambition to scale-up, we are building a new DevOps culture, incorporating agile methodology to provide a unified product and customer focus to deliver an optimal customer experience. An exciting opportunity is now available to join our company as a Lead DevOps Engineer, responsible for onboarding, monitoring, product security and incident management for various Cloud and Services developed by the Development Team.
Our remote-first culture is built on values of Community, Excellence, Growth, Openness, Initiative, Passion, and Trust. We are looking for people who share our values, deliver an excellent level of work, and enjoy continuous professional development. We empower people from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences to drive innovation and achieve excellent results.
Please visit www.payara.fish/joinus for more details.
Role: Lead DevOps Engineer
Location: Global (100% Remote)
Compensation: Rate dependant on local market location and experience
As a DevOps Lead, your analytical and technical skills will directly impact the products we create and Payara’s client’s satisfaction. You will lead the Payara Cloud DevOps Engineering team / SRE, support the infrastructure development, deployment, and reliability, as well as the development of the next CI/CD processes for the company.
- Lead the Cloud DevOps Engineering Team / SaaS Operations Site Reliability
- Ensure services and components meet and continue to meet all agreed performance targets and service levels
- Train and coach members of project groups to ensure effective knowledge management activity
- Draft and maintain procedures and documentation for Cloud and CI/CD infrastructure support
- Use application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports
- Advise on application security, licensing, upgrades, backups, and disaster recovery needs
- Plan and drive software construction activities
- Identifies, evaluates, and manages the adoption of appropriate release and deployment techniques, processes, and automation tools
Essential Skills & Experience
- 5+ years DevOps, Scripting & Automation, Cloud experience and Linux knowledge
- 3+ years’ experience in building and managing applications in a Cloud environment, either using AWS and Azure
- 3+ years’ development experience in Design, Support & Performance of large-scale SaaS
- 3+ years’ operating Kubernetes infrastructure
- Previous experience as a Tech Leader or Team Leader
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Site Reliability Engineering, experience in implementing and maintaining secure and scalable architecture
- Experience with administration, monitoring, and maintenance of production systems
- Additional experience in some of the following areas:
- Cloud networking, storage, and security
- On-call customer and infrastructure support
- Go Lang
- Terraform, Ansible
- Experience with CI/CD practices
- Large Maven-based Java projects
Personal Skills & Behaviours
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Ability to think, learn and adapt quickly in challenging situations
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work in high pressure environments
- Ability to manage and work with competing priorities
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with stakeholders and ensures client satisfaction
- Ability to train/coach other team members to support effective knowledge sharing activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent [Essential]
- Fluent in English written and verbal communication [Essential]
We are an equal opportunities employer. If you require reasonable adjustments due to a disability, please raise this when invited to interview, stating the adjustments needed.
Please see our company (Recruitment) Privacy statement available at www.payara.fish