Here at GrowthBook we are building an open source A/B testing platform and transforming the way product decisions are made. The top 1% of companies spend thousands of hours making their own highly custom A/B testing platforms. We’ve created GrowthBook to give all companies the power and flexibility of a custom in-house experimentation system without having to build it themselves.
The world of product development is increasingly moving towards data-driven decision making, and the best way to objectively measure the impact of a product is with A/B testing. Top companies already know this, and test everything they ship. As these methods spread, A/B testing will increasingly be part of all product development processes, and will require a new set of tools which are highly integrated and customized to the product and data. GrowthBook is that platform.
Since we launched in May 2021, we’ve added over 1,500 stars on GitHub, and we are the most popular active open source experimentation platform. We’re used by hundreds of companies, and are working closely with fast-growing and large early adopters to help shape our product.
Our platform is built using modern tech by very experienced engineers, and backed by top investors. We believe in open source and product-led growth, and we’re focused on building something awesome that our users love.
GrowthBook is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to creating an inclusive, supportive environment for all employees.
We regret that we cannot sponsor employment visas at this time.
About The Role
We are looking to hire a senior data scientist to join our growing team and lead our data science initiatives. This role is fully remote. We have a lot of hard data science problems to solve, from advanced Bayesian statistics to machine learning. You will get to work directly with our customer’s data teams and regularly meet with top experimentation experts from Uber, Netflix, Facebook, and more to ensure we’re on track to build the best data science and experimentation platform on the planet. As an early employee, you will wear many hats, have opportunities to touch and influence all aspects of the product, and build a team.
- 5+ years of experience of data science experience
- Proficient with SQL and Python
- Advanced degree in statistics or similar field (or equivalent industry experience)
- You know how to balance statistical rigor vs the need to move quickly. You have a good understanding of when something is “good enough”.
- Bonus: Managed a team before, or worked at a small startup
- Bonus: Familiarity with data engineering and data warehouses
- Generous compensation and employee-friendly equity in a fast-growing early-stage well-funded startup
- Unlimited time off
- Medical insurance including dental and vision (US)
- Generous parental leave
- Work-from-home stipend and IT budget
- Remote-first company with regular off sites in exciting locations (once Covid allows us to safely travel again)