Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments! We are currently sourcing for a Software Engineer to work in Fidelity's Enterprise Technology business unit in Durham, NC.
Job Description: Software Engineer
We are looking for a motivated individual with proven development experience to work as a full stack software engineer and member of a development teams which builds and test business software for the Fidelity Life Insurance business. You will work with team members and business partners to implement complex on-prem and cloud applications as well as supporting infrastructures, and you will work in a modern DevOps Agile environment.
Production Service engineers in Fidelity Life Insurance support a wide landscape of business applications and are responsible for stability and reliability of these platforms. This team plays a key role in the initiative to build term life applications in the cloud. This is an opportunity to be hands-on and you will be embedded in the development squad to focus on coding, infrastructure-as-code, test automation, and process improvements. We strive to eliminate toil and manual efforts in the overall software development process while creating high quality working software.
The Expertise We're Looking for
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Mathematics, Physics (or equivalent)
- Minimum 3 years of software engineering experience
- Hands-on Linux experience preferred (user and permissions management, file systems, performance tuning)
- Proficiency with Java required
- Proficiency with Node.JS and Angular preferred
- Proficiency with scripting languages like Python, Bash or Power Shell is a plus
- Some databases experience using SQL (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, or Dynamo DB) would be a plus
- Excellent at communicating and building relationships across teams and technology partners
- Confidence to work independently and with minimum supervision
The Value You Deliver
- Work on the dev team to complete agile workflows
- Share knowledge while also learning from other experienced engineers
- Relationship builder, participate in complex projects, sometimes across multiple squads, business partners and external vendors
- Effectively represent projects and team efforts at business venues, user groups, and to organizational leaders
- Actively participate in development and migration to cloud-centric solutions and participate in research efforts
- Work effectively in unstructured environments, anticipating impact of changes and providing quick resolution for high impact incidents
- Think outside the box to identify and develop innovative, secure solutions which may not conform to traditional practices
COVID Work Policy
Safety is our top priority. Once we can be together in person with fewer safety measures, this role will follow our dynamic working approach. You'll be spending some of your time onsite depending on the nature and needs of your role.
Dynamic Working Post Pandemic
Our aim is to combine the best of working offsite with coming together in person. For most teams this means a consistent balance of working from home and office that supports the needs of your role, experience level, and working style.
Your success and growth is important to us, so you'll want to enjoy the benefits of coming together in person face to face learning and training, quality time with your manager and teammates, building your career network, making friends, and taking full advantage of cultural and social experiences Fidelity provides for you.
Fidelity TalentSource is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s supportive and collaborative culture while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. Apply today at FTSJobs.com.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, please contact our HR team at HR@ ftsjobs.com.
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.