Java Software Engineer
Permant – £40,000 to £80,000
Hybrid Working – Cambridge
At SoCode we are looking for Junior through to Senior Java Engineers to develop exciting new features for our client’s real time platform, which underpins the key engine of the business. If you want to be a part of a team, building scalable distributed solutions which will deal will millions of individual events per day, we want to hear from you.
Do you want to work in a small team, utilising your skills to design large scale, distributed architectures? Then we want to hear from you. You would be working through new features from specification all the way through to deployment in an exciting and innovative space providing a heavy input into the future technology of the business. You would be supporting your code through its lifetime, building custom modules for client integration. Also working alongside Data science teams to ensure API’s are relevant and usable.
Key skills required:
– Experience in designing and developing distributed applications in Java
– Comfortable working in large codebases
– Relational and/or No SQL databases for large datasets
– External API integration
– HTTP API Development
– Patten Knowledge and their trade-offs in a distributed environment
– Modern IDE’s
– Cloud platforms and automation
– Code profiling and performance tuning
– Ability to prioritise and manage your own workload
– Like to work in a team of like minded people
– A genuine interest in the work
– Enthusiasm and can do approach, whilst being focused on personal achievements and responsibilities
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with a thank you present to show our appreciation.
If you think this is the role for you, or someone you know, please get in touch at