Would you like to join a market leading organisation? Due to continued investment, this global business is currently looking for Java Software Engineers to support their existing team in Ampthill on an initial 6 month contract.
As a Java Software Engineer, you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Assisting with requirements analysis, software design, implementation, and software testing and will be required to support integration and test activities
- Ensuring software compliance standards are met by the application of appropriate processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development lifecycle
- Assisting with accurate estimating/planning and will be expected to manage their own workload effectively to ensure that project milestones are met
To succeed within the role of Java Software Engineer, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
- Experience and demonstrated competence with Java
- Experience of following procedures relating to software architecture and design, software integration and test, and requirements verification.
- Typically you may have used UML modelling tools (e.g. Rhapsody 8.3.1) and be familiar with requirements capture tools (e.g. DOORS Next Generation). You will also be proficient in the use of software source control tools (e.g. Mercurial/Git) and issue tracking tools (e.g. Jira).
In addition, you should also have experience of relational database design and SQL and a strong understanding of unit testing and unit test/mocking frameworks, e.g. Junit, Mockito or GoogleTest/Parasoft.
Please note that due to security nature of this role, candidate must have lived in the UK in the last 5 years and be eligible for SC clearance.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Increase earning potential
- Be appreciated and valued
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now as a start date is fast approaching!
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn