Experis, a Manpower Group company has an exciting contract opportunity with one of our Key State/Goverment client.. For the role of Java Developer in Madison, WI position with 12+ Months (Possibility of extension)
Job Role: Java Developer
Location: Madison, WI
Duration: : 12+ Months (Possibility of extension)
- 4-5 years of experience. Strong “heads down” DevOps, Java, microservices, Kubernetes, and Argo CD.
- Nice to Have: Experience working with NIEM
- From a soft skills viewpoint: Problem solver, Communicator – communicating well with others, team player
- Constantly learning and improving. PASSION to learn and not wait for someone else.
- Keeping up to date with the industry. Pre-requisite of exposure and experience on DevOps platform tools.
- Being able to manage time and prioritize, Work independently.
- Experienced Java Developer IV (Integration Developer) that has exposure and experience from a front- end and back-end development perspective along with knowledge and experience in architecture design plus a working knowledge in a DevOps architecture utilizing Docker containers.
- The candidate should have exposure and experience with tools built with Agile and DevOps principles in mind.
- This contractor will perform data analysis, design, development, testing and implementation for task assignments using key principles, tools and processes of DevOps.
- This position will be responsible for the development and implementation of various tasks related to modernizing our current integration methodologies that utilizes reusable APIs (application program interface) along with REST (Representative State Transfer) and transform to a microservice architecture that takes the same approach of building reusable APIs and now extends these services to be developed, deployed, and
- maintained independently.
- At a high-level, APIs and REST services along with microservices are the part of the connection tools and components that connect various business application systems for retrieving and sharing data.
- The contractor should have extensive exposure and experience in developing in a DevOps framework in: — Language (Java) – Unit tests (JUnit) –Frameworks for backend (Spring Boot and Spring Cloud) — Repository (GIT) –Continuous Integration (GitLab & Rancher) –Container concepts (DOCKER) — Orchestration (Kubernetes) –Backend development principles (Database and cache, server, microservices and API (REST & SOAP).
- This development paradigm shift allows us to provide a faster technology solution with simple APIs to solve larger business problems.
- This contractor will perform analysis, design, development, testing and implementation for task assignments using key standards of NIEM (National Information Exchange Model) and microservice architecture, along with integrating development processes related to DevOps (Development and Operations).
- Under the direction of the BTM Manager and Project Manager, Java Developer IV is responsible for performing task assignments to modernize existing reusable API service components from a monolithic to a microservice development framework.
- This position will assist and provide the transformation of the APIs that are consumed by our WIDOC applications and data exchange processes.
- This position will perform the duties for the Data Integration team as a Lead and a DevOps SME.
- These assignments are key to moving all of our web applications and integrations onto the new platform in the next 2+ years.
- This development strategy is imperative in order to meet the business demand of delivering new technology solutions in a timely manner.