3 month contract / Full Remote working / £800 per day / inside IR35 / 3 month contract / Full Remote working
We are seeking a talented Senior Backend Java Developer to join our global eCommerce client's Software Engineering team.
The business is currently working on migrating their Kubernetes services from Private Cloud, Open Stack, Debian VMs to containerised solutions in Google Cloud Platform and Google Kubernetes Engine.
We're looking for an experienced developer with commercial exposer to Java version 11 or later. Knowledge of Containerisation, Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform, you will be working with some of the latest technologies in a project to create a new Back End layer.
Technologies/tools have mostly already been decided and work has started.
* Java 11 (ideally Java 17)
* Axon Framework
* Spring Boot
* Google Cloud Platform
* Cloud SQL
* Event sourcing
* Event-driven microservices
* Contract first
* Strangler pattern
* CQRS (CQRS experience would be desirable but not mandatory)
Your day to day shall include
* Design, develop, test and release microservices on GKE/GCP
* Containerise existing microservices to run on GKE/GCP
* Work with Operations to automatically deploy microservices to production
* Optimise Legacy code to enable a successful migration of each microservice to GKE/GCP
* Help decoupling code from existing monoliths into microservices
* Share knowledge and best practice in Brownbag sessions to ramp up less experienced engineers
* Produce Production Ready code that is clean and testable
Please send us your CV for immediate consideration