IT Solutions Architect,
(Flexible Location/Remote Working)
Menzies Distribution are looking for an IT Solutions Architect to join our Solutions Architecture team. Our team is responsible for partnering with all cross-business services and operational teams to ensure consistency and integration in solution design which maximises our efficiency and synergies whilst ensuring both tactical and strategic needs are delivered, ultimately supporting our continued business growth.
You will work closely with Business Analysts (BA's) and business unit Subject Matter Experts (SME's), to identify solutions to defined and approved business needs.
Whilst the BA's and SME's will define the requirements (the ‘what'), the Solution Architect will then determine the right technical solution (the ‘how'), through the specification of technical requirements and architecture statements (in conjunction with other business architects).
IT Solutions Architect Duties:
- Deliver recognisable value through development of innovative and pragmatic end to end solutions architecture and design models that bring structure and definition to required developments
- Work closely with the Business Analysts and SME's to provide the technical input to the business requirements
- Be accountable for the preparation of the technical specification to meet the business requirements
- Work closely with the Enterprise Architecture team, to determine the architectural implications of the solution and oversee the development of the Solution Architecture Statement
- Identify the existing solutions that can be retired (if appropriate), and any data requirements
- Identify through research and market analysis
- Work closely with the Security team to ensure that security, standards, GDPR etc. are designed into the solution at the outset
- Work closely with the DevOps team to ascertain resourcing requirements for the solution delivery
- Identify Issues, Risks, Threats and Opportunities associated with the recommended solution
- Support the Business Sponsor, BA and SME's with the technical preparation of the Business Case
- Provide support to the Business Sponsor for the financial approval of the Business Case
- Once approved, complete and document the Service Design, to ITIL standards, in conjunction with the Service Management team
IT Solutions Architect Requirements:
- Solid business and technical experience, including a track record of requirements gathering and technical specification preparation
- A highly capable IT professional, preferably in the B2B sector, with experience of change and transformation
- A genuine interest in the latest technologies and an appetite for research into new and emerging technologies
- Accustomed to dealing with people at all levels and exceptionally customer focused
- Cross-functional exposure (and an ability to relate IT to business problems and opportunities)
- A demonstrable track record of bringing innovative ideas that deliver a competitive edge in terms of process and efficiency
- Ability to collaborate and partner with various teams and stakeholders (non-technical to technical)
- Strategic thinker and planner
- Hold a full UK driving license and be flexible to travel
IT Solutions Architect Additional Benefits:
In addition to a competitive remuneration package and company benefits, we provide ongoing development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
- 31 Days Annual Leave (Plus 2 Fixed)
- Company Car or Allowance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Life Cover
- Eye Care
- Discounted Cinema Vouchers
- Free On-Site Parking
A bit about us:
At Menzies Distribution, we have been delivering across the UK since 1833. Today, we are Logistic UK's most innovative business of the year, with a strong focus on the future, sustainability, and innovation we keep moving forwards.