Plentific is one of the fastest growing property technology companies in the world, backed by renowned investors including Brookfield, Highland Europe, A/O Proptech, Target Global and Mubadala. We are headquartered in London, UK, with offices in Germany, USA and Turkey. Our mission is to improve lives by making property work better for everyone. We do so by streamlining how repairs, maintenance and compliance services are delivered. Our platform gives clients rich insight into management, operational and performance data, helping them deliver their customer service promise, while optimising supplier costs and adhering to their environmental, social and governance goals.
Come and be a part of:
- A leading Proptech with a global footprint and an HQ in heart of London’s bustling centre
- A diverse, multicultural workplace with over 30 nationalities amongst our employees
- A stimulating atmosphere and fast-paced growth led by our recent $100m funding round
- A flexible work culture and a number of programmes built around your physical and mental wellbeing
Developing acclaimed technology is only possible when we’ve got a great team on our side. Our culture is open and empowering. If you are passionate and driven, you will fit right in.
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our engineering team. You’ll be working alongside a highly technical and motivated team and report to the Director of Engineering. You will be leading experienced tech leads and providing technical leadership. For people with the right mindset, this frame of mind provides an intellectually stimulating environment.
The engineering team sits at the centre of everything we do at Plentific and is constantly tackling challenging problems, such as online payments, quoting, invoicing, booking, search / scoring algorithms, ETL, data pipelines, in-app messaging, real-time notifications and fraud prevention. Our backend engineers mostly work with Python and Django on an increasingly more service-oriented architecture. The rest of the tech stack include Django REST Framework, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, AWS, ES6, React.js, Alt.js, Node.js, Express, Amazon Redshift, Kubernetes, Docker, Redis, Celery, Pandas, Numpy, Scrapy, Git with Zenhub, Jenkins, Elasticsearch, Logstash and lots of raw SQL for analytics. We have a very large but clean code base as we put significant emphasis on design patterns, code readability, testability, maintainability and extendability.
- Be accountable for the vision, mission, strategy, operational stability and innovation with Plentific’s Engineering Team
- Coach and support the Engineering Leads within Plentific. You will help develop your team, growing their skillsets and ensuring their continued career progression
- Work closely with our Director of Engineering and CTO, to execute against agreed plans
- Set project goals and continue to support and mentor the engineering team
- Scale a diverse, highly-accomplished, word class group of engineers. You should have exposure to scaling a tech team at pace
- Actively foster a high bar for engineering excellence within the engineering team
- Create a learning environment for your team and act as a mentor for engineers and up and coming leaders
- Continuously engage and align with senior leadership, stakeholders and external strategic partners. Actively seek feedback from users and stakeholders and act accordingly.
- Continuously assess and improve platform architecture and performance
- Conduct code reviews and promote the development of well-formulated, testable and readable code
- Sharing your engineering wisdom with the rest of us, so we can bask in your greatness, and maybe even learn a thing or two
- You’ve designed, built, scaled, and maintained production services, and know how to compose a service-oriented architecture
- Confident in effective stakeholder management, dealing with multiple stakeholders at varied levels of the organisation – subject matter experts, functional leads, C-Suite.
- Passion for maintaining and executing clean, modular, well-commented, readable and reusable code
- Ability to think out of the box with a can-do attitude to get things done efficiently
- Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate technical concepts in plain English
- Experience in managing more junior team members
- Although we have a flexible working environment, we would need you to be in our London office at least 3 days a week.
- Top academics (BSc, MSc or PhD) in computer science, engineering, computational physics, mathematics or another field with strong computational curriculum
As you can see, we have big plans and are eager to grow our team of dreamers and doers to achieve our vision of managing over 1 million properties through our platform across various countries. You can help us shape the future of property management. Here’s what we offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- Private health care including discounted gym membership
- Learning and development fund
- A flexible working environment + 23 days annual holiday
- An inherently diverse culture with over 16 nationalities and 25 languages spoken