Schroders Personal Wealth (SPW) is a joint venture between Lloyds Banking Group and Schroders – two of the UK's largest names in banking and asset management. We were created to help more people across the UK benefit from financial advice. We have the advantage of solid foundations and a strong heritage, but we take a fresh, transparent, and personal approach to financial planning.
We aim to provide clients with clarity and transparency in everything we do. This includes using technology to explain how long-term financial planning can add value to people's lives; to give people access to information about their financial wellbeing; and to communicate with their adviser when it's convenient for the client.
Our heritage may be 250 years old, but our sights are firmly set on the future.
The newly formed SPW Technology & Engineering function is responsible for building the technology platform to support our new venture. We are entirely in the cloud, taking advantage of powerful commoditised offerings where we can, and building bespoke cloud-native solutions when they can differentiate us from our competition.
What you'll do
As a Front-End Software Engineer at SPW you will work within a value stream aligned agile cross-discipline engineering squad, working with other engineers, SDETs, scrum master and product owner to deliver customer driven outcomes. You'll be responsible for building and testing components of our corporate website (spw.com) and digital client experience platform, and driving forwards our goal of fully automated, cloud-native software delivery that allows us to deliver with speed and true agility.
You'll have worked on modern, scalable and resilient customer facing web applications, and will have a sound understanding of what "good" looks like in an engineering team.
We believe in an open and collaborative working environment, and we want you to draw upon your experience to establish this culture within engineering, whilst ensuring we don't skip over our regulatory obligations around process controls.
What we're looking fo
– You are comfortable engaging and collaborating directly with UX designers using tools like Sketch, Figma and Storybook.
– You are familiar with distributed version control systems like Git, and can describe the branching strategies you have used on previous and current projects.
– You can give examples of what you consider to be good practices in software engineering, contributing to a shift to high performing engineering teams, and how you have tried to implement those practices in previous roles.
– You are happy working in an Agile delivery environment, interacting directly with other team members and stakeholders on a daily basis.
– You understand and have demonstrable experience working in a devOps culture, designing and building with automation, of quality control and deployment, plus monitoring and observability, front and centre.
– You understand that accountability for the quality of your deliverables ultimately resides with you, and you have a proven approach for owning this.
– You are collaborative in your approach, working across squads (using a guild model) to ensure consensus based best practice in front-end engineering is agreed and socialised/ governed cross-squad.
– Humble: you acknowledge your strengths, and also your weaknesses; you work for more than your own personal glory.
– Curious: you follow the latest technology developments, and explore ways they can be adopted.
– Creative: you think beyond the obvious.
– Thorough: you consider the full-picture, and understand that details can matter.
– Calm: you're positive under pressure and happy to take the lead in challenging times.
You belong here
At Schroders Personal Wealth, we welcome all. All colours, cultures, genders, beliefs, religions, ages, people.
We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us meet our ambitions.
We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Schroders Personal Wealth is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact and reach their potential.
Work in a way that works for you
When it comes to flexible working, we'll do our best to accommodate your needs with our flexible working policy. Please enquire in your interview.
What we'll give you
You can expect a career that's full of opportunity and support to help you develop. We offer a competitive total reward package, which means you share in the success you help create.
A market leading defined contribution pension scheme.
An additional 4% of your annual salary in a Flexible benefits package that you can select and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction or take as cash.
25 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays.
An incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and your contribution to it.
Schroders Personal Wealth combines over 400 years of expertise from Lloyds Banking Group and Schroders plc, two leading British companies partnering to bring financial planning services to more people in the UK.
Our focus is on the personal relationship we develop with our customers, underpinned by leading edge technology, multi-channel customer reach and global investment expertise.
We aim to become a top UK financial planning business within five years. Would you like to be part of making this possible?
Does this sound like a role that you'd like to know more about? If like us, you're more motivated by customers than by targets, and you'd thrive in a culture that is values and client led – then we'd love to hear from you.