This international space engineering expertspecializes in the development of systems used in space exploration, providing versatile solutions used in orbit-servicing missions. Based in Oxfordshire, theyre looking add to their Team experienced Mid-level and Senior Embedded Software Engineers to work on the development of embedded real-time Flight Software. The company provides an opportunity to work in a highly talented Team with realprofessionals from the space and aerospace industry.
- Development of innovative space software using real-time systems.
- One-of-a-kind space debris missions.
- Realistic career development opportunities.
What youll be doing
- Designing, integrating, and validating clients software.
- Defining ICDs and verification plans.
- Working as a part of multidisciplinary team and collaborating at sub-system and systems.
- Identifying software development needs.
- Participating in Mission System Test and Simulation campaigns.
- Providing knowledge and expertise within embedded software design that will benefit the growth of the company internationally.
- Occasional travel to Asian HQ might be included.
What experience youll need
- A higher degree or equivalent in computer science, software engineering, robotics, or other relevant science/engineering qualifications.
- Previous work experience in aerospace or space field would be beneficial.
- Proficiency in software development for real-time embedded systems (C/C++).
- Knowledge of software development methodologies.
- Experience in developing and implementing test plans.
- Development for VxWorks or RTEMS platforms.# would be highly beneficial.
- Experience of all stages of mission design lifecycle from initial concept to design, test, and operations.
- Familiarity with UML, CCSDS, CAN or Spacewire.
- Knowledge of cFS software framework.
- Experience of SPARC V8 or PowerPC architecture.
- Knowledge of on Linux systems and script language of benefit.
What youll get in return
You will be a part of a highly visionary, fast-growing, and sustainable company working in the fascinating sector of space exploration. You will work on the development of innovative software used across the spectrum of in-orbit servicing missions that mitigate against the hazardous build-up of debris in space. Its a great opportunity for someone who wants to grow and gain new skills within the embedded software field. Apart from the basic salary, the client offers flexible working hours, life-insurance, private healthcare and other. They are also able to provide Visa Sponsorships, as well as relocation allowance.