Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptumServe’s mission is to help federal agencies tackle some of the biggest challenges in health care by partnering with the Departments of Health and Human Services, Defense, Veterans Affairs, and other organizations to modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of citizens across the country. The OptumServe Technology Services’ business unit focuses on health information technology and how to further federal customers’ missions by continually looking for ways to increase efficiency and thereby, lower costs.
OptumServe Technology Services is looking for a DevOps Engineer to provide design and development for DevSecOps focusing on automation and optimization, as well as technical analysis and research as part of a broader strategy to grow technical competencies and support federal customer needs. The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintain DevSecOps frameworks including pipelines, scripting, tool configuration and development using cloud-based tools and services, as well as proofs of concept and other research and development needs.
It is expected that the DevOps Engineer will have the ability and willingness to quickly learn new tools, conduct necessary research on various tools and technologies, and make recommendations for which tools best meet federal customer use cases. In addition, the DevOps Engineer will provide hands-on development support for developing various software and applications geared toward automation as needed.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assesses requirements, use cases and customer needs to make recommendations on DevSecOps-related technical tools and services as part of solutions and pilots, develop new ideas
- Solves complex problems as they arise in vetting new technology and develops innovative solutions as applicable related to DevSecOps, CI/CD, and automation
- Focuses on quality of work and continuous improvement for developing code and setting up tools and applications in the cloud
- Provides clear explanations and recommendations to other on complex issues including working with vendors as applicable on debugging, troubleshooting or research
- Adheres to deadlines and delivers on tasks assigned ensuring transparency with challenges, and proactively identifies mitigations and solutions to ensure tasks are complete on-time
- Collaborates with organizational leadership to understand strategy and needs to ensure recommendations and results align with expectations
- Lead the actions related to DevSecOps community of practice initiative
- Support new business development opportunities by writing proposals, developing proof of concepts
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent 6 years of technical experience
- 4+ years of DevSecOps-related engineering experience
- Experience with DevSecOps tools and building CI/CD pipelines, knowledge of AIOps and GitOps
- Extensive hands-on working experience on Infrastructure as a code tool such as Terraform, Jenkins, AWS Cloud formation
- Experience in deploying and managing full stack AWS or Azure infrastructure, highly available AWS services and third-party tools such as Tableau, Databricks, UIPath, Data catalog using automated tools
- Hands on experience in implementing automation and orchestration tools such as Airflow, UI Path, BMC or similar
- Hands on experience in managing, packaging, and deploying applications using container architecture using tools like Docker, Flux, Kubernetes, HELM, Amazon services (EKS, ECR, ECS)
- Experience with application and infrastructure monitoring and alerting using tools such as Splunk, AWS Cloud watch, New Relic and Datadog
- Ability to travel up to 10% for meetings in Baltimore/Columbus, MD area
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience in deploying and maintaining API Gateways
- Certification in cloud, DevOps, or related technology
- Experience in multiple programming languages such as Python/PySpark, Java, Scala
- Experience working with cloud-native big data platforms such as Snowflake data warehouse as a service
- Experience working with CMS projects and other federal customers especially in a cloud-hosted system
- Experience working with cloud-native programming, analytics, and modeling tools such as Databricks, Jupyter
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.